Customer Service 866.965.0400

FAQ/Knowledge Base Section & Forum Suggestions

There needs to be an FAQ/Knowledge Base section on the forums. Too often do we find posts that are duplicate questions that have been asked a ton of times. 

Examples:

-Product Dilution...

-Vinyl Stripes...

-Flat/Matte Paint

-Fixing common problems with products such as nozzles and what not.

I know there are a few FAQs in each section but rarely do they get updated or changed over time. Also some people don't know where to look for some of these questions.

I'm an organizational freak and sometimes it seems that the forums get over run by multiple of the same question/thread and it makes it hard to find stuff in the future. I feel some threads should be closed and deleted shortly after they are made if they are duplicate. Maybe a simple PM to the person directing them to the proper thread.

I've also noticed that there seems to be ether a Moderator shortage or that the forums have become even larger making it difficult for the number of Mods now to handle. Possibly start promoting a few other people out there? 

Just spit balling trying to make the forums a better and easier place to use.

I have a ton of ideas if anyone wants to hear about them or throw theirs out there too.

Kinsford I will volunteer you!  :)   You have a great idea.  Maybe you could start a couple of these and send in to get this kicked off.  I know the Adams crew would appreciated some help here.   They could then go through them and see if anything was left out or anything extra was added.  

The problem is with some of these things there are so many answers. Like diluting. I'm not good at that. I just know what I do, but I'm sure theres a science behind it to use certain products to do different things. I feel like that would be more for the Adam's team but there are some things I could probably whip up by going through the forums.

Pick out one you are pretty sure of and submit that to Nick. I know he was out this weekend and may be out next week in also,  But once the events slow down a bit he may be able to give his blessing and that would be a start.  Others could add some they know about and before long we would have a pretty good collections of FAQ's. 

Most of the questions are already answered in the "pinned" threads at the top of each forum.

Bingo.  The Pinned topics are there to cover the most asked questions.  If any of them need updated, pick them out and let me know which ones, I'll make it happen!

Getting folks to search before asking a question that's been posted dozens of times...well, that's a tougher thing to fix.  That's just a function of wanting immediate feedback via the Internet.  Some people are searchers, many more aren't.  Not just here, but on every single other forum on the face of the Internet.  :lol:

Most of the questions are already answered in the "pinned" threads at the top of each forum.

A lot of these have become old and outdated and new ones are rarely added. Then on the other hand some people don't know where to even look to find this stuff.

At work I feel I add a new FAQ almost daily for computer related ways to do things.

Getting folks to search before asking a question that's been posted dozens of times...well, that's a tougher thing to fix.  That's just a function of wanting immediate feedback via the Internet.  Some people are searchers, many more aren't.  Not just here, but on every single other forum on the face of the Internet.   :lol:

Sometimes the search doesn't work so great. There are some threads that are still out there that can't be found on the search. I know when I was looking for one of mine asking about Matte Paint about 2 years ago I couldn't find it anywhere not even in my profile but if you look around at a few other threads there are links to it so it still exists.

If I see duplicated posts/threads like "how do you clean Alcantara" I will merge it into the existing thread.  

Chris

There are a ton of duplicates out there right now that should be put out to pasture. Ol' Yeller style.
Edited by Kingsford

If you click on the little gear icon next to the search bar, you can set different search parameters to help narrow down what you're looking for. I immediately found a topic you made last year about matte paint on a motorcycle. Is that what you were looking for?