Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand Polishing, Glaze, Wax

FordFocusST

Question

Just wanted clarification on how much to use and how to apply it.

When I did it, I did circular motions getting a nice thin layer on a panel at a time. I started with polish by putting it on and then would wipe it off. I would then do the same process for the glaze and then the wax. From what I saw, I could do straight lines up and then across with the polish (Revive Hand Polish), then apply the glaze over that and then wipe them off together. Then after that, apply the buttery wax.

Just wanted to get your opinions on how to do it so I'm doing it right.

Thanks ahead of time.

5 answers to this question

Completely remove the Revive before applyining glaze. Whether you want to apply in a straight or circular motion is up to you.

So, do this:

-apply revive

-remove revive

(Do that on the entire vehicle)

-apply glaze to entire vehicle (as long as you're not working in the sun)

-remove glaze

-apply wax to 2 panels, remove, repeat on the remaining panels.

Polish needs to be removed completely before applying any sealants, glazes, or waxes. These products leave a layer behind on the surface, whereas polishes do not. Polishes are "worked" to remove imperfections and/or clean/clarify the clearcoat. If you simply spread a polish without working it, you aren't using it to its full potential.

If you're using BW you can treat the whole car and then remove the residue. The only wax you need to systematically apply/remove a few panels at a time is Americana because of how quick it hardens.

Just to clarify what I did. I washed car and then clayed it. I then used the blue Adam's Revive Hand Polish on a couple panels then would work it in and then wipe it off. Then on the same panels I would then put on Adam's Brilliant Glaze and then wipe it off. I then took the buttery wax and did the same thing. This all done in my garage so I wasn't in the sun.

From what I'm reading, I can apply the revive to the whole car then wipe off.

Then put on the glaze to the whole car then wipe it off.

Then apply the buttery wax to the whole car and then wipe it off.

Sorry, just trying to get it straight in my head! Thanks for the quick responses!

From what I'm reading, I can apply the revive to the whole car then wipe off.

Then put on the glaze to the whole car then wipe it off.

Then apply the buttery wax to the whole car and then wipe it off.

Yes. However, many people will wipe the polish residue off as they go, since the polish doesn't need to cure like glazes and waxes do. No harm in leaving it on though and then wiping all the polish residue off at once if it's easier for you to do it that way. Just make sure all the polish residue is gone before putting on any sealant, glaze, or wax.