Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear bra help

j-r35

Question

So was wondering is it safe to use the machine polish on a clear bra?  Have the entire front end done and was wondering which products would be safe to use like buttery or even machine sealant?  

8 answers to this question

I have Xpel which is self healing so to this point i have just used clay/sealant/glaze/americana.   When i asked the same question a while back the general consensus seemed to be similar to what Chewy said. 

I have used the finishing polish on mine a few times with no drawbacks that I was able to see. Also finished off with sealant and wax while I was doing the rest of the car. Just be sure to keep that polisher moving. That stuff will soften up quicker than paint will.

I personally prefer applying product by hand on the clear bra/front. You can use the Finishing Polish and Sealant or Americana Paste Wax. They are right this product is softer than paint. Things to remember, keep the machine away from the edges (I tape mine), use a low speed 3 or 4 as you are only spreading the product on and not trying to correct the surface and wipe off with a good soft microfiber towel. Expel is newer to the market than the 3M and is suppose to heal itself but not the 3M products. If it marks or swirls in most cases it will not come out.  

Agree with Norm.  I do it by hand.  And be especially conscious of the edges.  If you don't wipe product off real well on those areas it will show and it will collect dirt more.  And on a dark car it will show white (product), while on a white car you'll see black (dirt). But those clear products are great protecting the paint from stones, etc.  Have it on both my cars.

The Clear Polish is also the same formula as the old Fine Machine Polish. I only use quick sealant on the clear bra. I don't find that polishing it is worth it. Whatever you do... tape the edges during claying, polishing, sealing, and/or waxing. It will look so bad if you don't. Quick Sealant you don't have to tape the edges.

Edited by BigBlue2007

Thanks guys.  Figured polish and sealing is fine.  Just went ahead and did it last night and wanted to make sure all is fine.  Next wash i'm going to do my first pass w/the americana.  Still using the old sealant that requires 12-24 hrs till i can glaze and wax, gotta upgrade to the new one sometime.