Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Correcting Polish

BigBlue2007

Question

I think I read somewhere that you can use the Paint Correcting Polish as a one step polish. According to the adamspolishes.com site it is part 1 of 2 polishes.

My questions is can the Paint Correcting Polish be used with out finishing with Paint Finishing Polish? Has anyone had success with only using the Paint Correcting Polish?

I bought both last year, but my car has never needed paint correcting polish. I only use the Paint Finishing Polish and it does a great job on my car. I was just asking the questions out of curiosity in case I decided to tackle a friend's car with more issues. 

Edited by BigBlue2007

8 answers to this question

Sure - you could just use the Paint Correcting Polish alone but why would you? 

All you can do is try it and if you're happy with the finish stop there.  If you need to use the Finishing Polish after, do it.  Probably depends on the hardness of the clear and it's initial condition.

I don't see why you couldn't , I have always used both because it doesn't finish down as far alone. On my black truck after using just correcting polish it seems almost like there is still a light haze, not sure if that's the best way to describe it but that's what comes to mind.

If you're happy with the way your paint looks after the Finishing Polish, then stop there and be done with it.

If you feel it needs a little more correction, then hit it with a pass of Correcting Polish.  If it looks good, then stop there and be done with it.

If there's a little haze or light stuff left behind, then hit it with another pass of the Finishing Polish.  If it looks good, then stop there and be done with it.

Paint Correcting Polish can be used by itself if you have a fair amount of damage, or if you may not be shooting for absolute perfection.  In the same vein, Paint Finishing Polish can be used by itself if you only have light damage and want your paint to be perfect.

See where I'm going with this?  LOTS of variables come on to play, but the easy answer is yes, Paint Correcting Polish can be used all by itself in many instances and will yield great results. ;)

Thanks for the responses. I mainly get the results I want from the Finishing Polish, but the car I detail is my car and it is a 2013. I was wondering about this because my wife's car has been through an automatic car wash at the dealer 3 times now in the last year. She has a sign and it's on the file, but it seems like they don't pay attention. I try to stop them from washing the car. Anyway... back to the original post... The car is black so most likely it will need both polishes.

Edited by BigBlue2007

If you're happy with the way your paint looks after the Finishing Polish, then stop there and be done with it.

If you feel it needs a little more correction, then hit it with a pass of Correcting Polish.  If it looks good, then stop there and be done with it.

If there's a little haze or light stuff left behind, then hit it with another pass of the Finishing Polish.  If it looks good, then stop there and be done with it.

Paint Correcting Polish can be used by itself if you have a fair amount of damage, or if you may not be shooting for absolute perfection.  In the same vein, Paint Finishing Polish can be used by itself if you only have light damage and want your paint to be perfect.

See where I'm going with this?  LOTS of variables come on to play, but the easy answer is yes, Paint Correcting Polish can be used all by itself in many instances and will yield great results. ;)

Bingo!!