Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclo pad question

2Fords

Question

Used the Cyclo to correct mysons new Eclispe he just bought. He did a lot of the buffing himself,(16). My question is the pads seem to rub together when you are buffing creating foam fuzz is that normal? Its like the pads are a little to big of diameter. Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Using Adams pads. They have always touched since I got it. Are we pushing down too much when we are using it? Its almost like the pads are a hair too big diameter.

You should be applying only about 5lbs. of down pressure. And remember if you are using MF pads use the brush to fluff your pads up.

Have you watched the video's?

Yes ,I have watched the videos.I'm pretty sure I might be pushing down too hard. 5  lbs of pressure is not much more than the weight of the polisher itself. I need to use it again and pay close attention to that aspect of it.

Al, almost no additional pressure is needed with the Cyclo. 

Sounds to me like you may be pressing too hard, making the pads "mushroom" and rub together more than they are supposed to.

They are designed to touch in the middle so you get total coverage and not a strip of missed area down the center, but they shouldn't be rubbing so hard that they are coming apart.