Customer Service 866.965.0400

GMC Yukon Denali Wheels

gapwedge

Question

10 answers to this question

You can use Metal Polish on them and see if it turns black.

What wheels do you have? Are they OEM alloy wheels? If so they are clearcoated.

Are they OEM wheels that have chrome plated, 99% chance they are not clearcoated.

Aftermarket wheels? gotta see them or test them to know.

You can use Metal Polish on them and see if it turns black.

What wheels do you have? Are they OEM alloy wheels? If so they are clearcoated.

Are they OEM wheels that have chrome plated, 99% chance they are not clearcoated.

Aftermarket wheels? gotta see them or test them to know.

They are OEM wheels and appear to be chrome alloy, but don't know for sure. The vehicle only has 3500 miles and is garage kept, but it has not been detailed since she bought it 9 months ago. Presently I don't have any metal polish 1 or Revive yet. So I will just clean them and add some sealant and worry about swirl marks for the next time.

Next time use Revive on them, then Quick Sealant. They shouldn't swirl anyhow. Best of luck, those are big vehicles to detail.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. You are so right. I have to use a step ladder on this 20" wheeled boat and I'm 6'0". Hopefully after the first full detail it won't be so bad going forward to maintain.

Here is a great wheel treatment system, first Deep Wheel & Turbo stick, followed by BG then last but not least Quick Sealant.

Adam's Deep Wheel & Wheel Woolie Bundle

Adam's NEW Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool

Adam's Brilliant Glaze

Adam's Quick Sealant

Thanks Chris. I'm slowly adding Adam's products to my arsenal, but I don't have Quick Sealant just yet. I I used instead hot water, Dawn, with some All Purpose Cleaner added cleaning the wheels with an applicator. Then applied Liquid Paint Sealant.

I am not 100% sure on the clear coat, but most wheels that are OEM now a days are cleared. Quick sealant is the way to go though (and glad you got some!), so easy to apply! I use it on my polished alum lips and my clear powder coated faces! Makes the next wash a breeze to get brake dust and road grime off.