Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Pricing

BamaDetail

Question

Some of you have seen I am starting a new detail business in Alabama, the issue I am having is setting prices for different things. The good thing is, in my area there is not a lot of completion, especially with such great products as Adams. What are some different prices that some of you have in your own business and what seems to work best for you?

10 answers to this question

Ive had a few family members ask me to detail their cars after seeing the turn around I did on a car beat up inside and out. My issue with doing the pricing is the state of the car. a car that has been cleaned half way decent will be easier to clean the wheels, bugs, and other items. I have a hard time telling someone I am going to charge them to wash their car, and not giving it back to them looking great, but I spent an hour just cleaning my moms wheels, tires, and wheel wells, not counting dressing. The bugs on cars can take the time it takes to clean others entire cars.

I have thought about charging in 15 or 30 mins increments, and having them tell me how well they want their car cleaned. and having pictures of a 2-3 different grades of dirty and estimates on how long it will take. That or taking the cheaper options all the way out, and only focus on getting the full package clients. 

As stated above it will vary by area and states. Try advertising at the prices you want to charge and see if you get any bites! Once you get a few details in and have the word of mouth, people should be more willing to come in and get a detail from you! 

Not sure if this is allowed, but just read a great article. Not sure who the guy is, but seems to be Autogeeks do it all guy. As someone that is just going to detail for friends and a few randoms, this was great info.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html

Not sure if this is allowed, but just read a great article. Not sure who the guy is, but seems to be Autogeeks do it all guy. As someone that is just going to detail for friends and a few randoms, this was great info.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html

How long have you been detailing and not known Mike Phillips lol?