Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Wax

Jeeper

Question

I was doing some research on the net and found that some people say do not remove fresh wax with a microfiber towel because it will remove the wax protection you just applied.They recommend using a terry towel or cotton diaper.Is this true? I use a non drying carnuba paste wax(Trade Secret Brand) that you apply and wipe off in 45 secs and have been using a microfiber towel.I wonder if I am getting the same protection?

Any input would be appreciated.

Bill

17 answers to this question

:glasses:If you are using a good wax (like Adams buttery) I don't see how the microfiber towel could remove any protection, a terry towel could put fine scratches back into your paint. You can't go wrong with microfiber !Have you tried:drool: Adams blue microfiber towel ?They are the best towel that I have ever used !:2thumbs: My 2 cents !;)

Ordering those towel today they look nice and fluffy.I think maybe they meant those cheap walmart short nap microfibers.

Is that Buttery Wax a wipe on wipe off product with no powdery residue or rubber and vinyl staining qualities? Do it give a good wet shine?

Ordering those towel today they look nice and fluffy.I think maybe they meant those cheap walmart short nap microfibers.

Is that Buttery Wax a wipe on wipe off product with no powdery residue or rubber and vinyl staining qualities? Do it give a good wet shine?

Yep...wipe on ...wipe off:2thumbs:

Yes wipe on wipe off ,no residue, no staining ! Very nice product !:2thumbs: Hope this helps !

Is the Buttery wax "easy on" and "easy off" like the Brilliant Spray Glaze?

Do you apply a small amount like the BSG?

In my opion yes. You want to appy a thin coat. MOre coats is better than one thick coat. And if you want better removal put some detail spray down and then wip it off.

Is the Buttery wax "easy on" and "easy off" like the Brilliant Spray Glaze?

Do you apply a small amount like the BSG?

Always apply wax in small amounts and in thin layers. If you magnify a waxed finish, it looks like styrofoam packing peanuts very neatly laid out, one next to the other. If you apply it too thick, instead of that nice neat layout, the "peanuts" get jumbled, which ultimately results in a blurry finish that almost has an "orange peel" look to it - too thick of a layer kills your clarity.