Customer Service 866.965.0400

03 Torch Red Corvette Vert Detail NEW PIX ADDED

mbp9997

As I promised I thought I might post some detail pictures. This is a customer car and this particular customer has been with me for about 12 years.

This particular one took about 14 hours of detail time and I gave it the works. I also did alot of touchup, maintenance, and upgrades while I had it so I am sure you will notice things like different tires in before and after.

This customer is notorious for running it through car washes on a regular basis... you know the ones with spinning gritty cloths from hell. You can imagine the swirls...unfortunately I didnt capture that with a camera.

I apologize in advance for the pictures. It truly is a miracle I remembered to take any before and also unfortunate that I couldn't match before and after lighting conditions.

Before:

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=852

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=853

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=854

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=855

Complete:

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=840

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=841

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=843

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=850

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=844

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=849

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=848

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=845

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=842

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=847

picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=857

Edited by mbp9997

How does he get a Corvette through an automatic car wash? Isn't the car too low and the tires too wide for the moving track?

No idea....I guess its one that the car is stationary and the machine moves around it. I can honestly say I have never been through one (or even looked at one).... but thats what he says he does.

Heres another detail. This one took about 28 hours and all I did was wetsand, buff (3m), followed by swirl and haze, fine machine polish, and wax. This paint was trashed and he was hoping to save it from being repainted.

Before:

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=864

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=863

In Process:

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=862

After wetsand and buff but before adams (it was dawn you couldn't see spider webs very well).

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=861

Final product (with dirty wheel wells :embarrassed: my excuse is it was just a wetsand and buff and I worked those 28 hours straight only stopping to eat.)

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=860

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=859

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=858

These are my last pictures for awhile this resizing and uploading stuff is a pain.

My chevelle was my fathers pride and joy. After my father died in an accident (about 3 years ago) I decided that I would spend some time bringing its, then, 14 year old single stage paint back to life. Then i carried it to a big car show here where his best friend joined me.

Here are the only decent pictures I have from that very long and drawn out love affair. I did the entire car but only took pictures of one section from beginning to end...oh well.

Same as above...very light wetsand followed with some 3M, completed with the adams arsenal.

Before:

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=867

In Process:

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=866

Finished:

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=865

The results were amazing...Ill dig around for some more later.

Great work :pc::pc::pc::pc:

Looks great Mathew. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks C6Bill and Nitelord and you are very welcome Nitelord. Ive probably got 100's more that never made it off the camera....one day I will have to do that.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. That's terrible. Glad to see you are keeping his pride and joy shining, he'd be thrilled I'm sure.:thumbsup:

I appreciate the sympathy... It was tough, he was only 50 and I was 24, kinda difficult times. I graduated from college about three months later and then had to come home for my two younger brothers. At that point in my life my garage was my sanctuary I spent days on end detailing cars:pc:. It helped pay the bills and kept me out of the bottle :party:

Oh and he would probably shoot me if he knew how much I have spent on Adams products!!!

Didn't Prince write a song about this car?

Looks great!

Thanks for sharing!

I believe prince might have ... But I think we might be better off trying to forget about him :explode: And you are very welcome as well.