Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rim Scratch/Damage by Dealership

BigBlue2007

Question

17 answers to this question

Anythings possible. If you were having new tires mounted up I would definitely believe there was a possibility of damage to the lip b/c the machines can do that (if not used properly). If it was just a simple rotation its less likely, but if a tech didn't handle them carefully or a lot porter drove the car and hit a curb, totally possible.

I would agree with Rich - take it back and show the dealer - worst case is they say 'no we didnt' but you'll never know if they'll help out if you don't ask.

I would do as said already... Take and show them and  see what they say.

I have nice rims on both my vehicles I spent good money on. So before I have anyone else touch them ever I ALWAYS take pics of the wheels up close and any spots on them already so I have proof. 

I took my 2013 Chevy Malibu in for service Saturday and I just noticed that the dealership ruined the alloy rims on the car. It looks like he curbed the front right tire and the back right tire. Is it possible that a tire rotation could cause so much damage?

I will bet you what he did was remove the tire and then just roll them carelessly to the general area of where they were going, and they fell over on the face side.