Customer Service 866.965.0400

Morning surprise

Blazer15

Question

Hey guys,

I know its been awhile, I had to sell my GTO so didn't have much of a need for Adams stuff. However I just bought a (new to me) truck, 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 and am back in the detailing game.

So on to my question, I go outside this morning to head to work and my car is covered in ash. Must have been a fire near by. I had no time to do much so I just hosed it off and sprayed detail spray on it and drove down the highway to remove water. With such a limited amount of time what would the right thing have been? I certainly didn't want the ash to sit and bake in the sun.

Thanks guys, glad to be back.

8 answers to this question

Should of just drove to work, since ash is dry most of it would have blown off.

Could of also done a Rinseless Wash. I can do my Colorado in 10-20 minutes depending on how dusty it is and how much of a hurry I'm in.

or

Waterless Wash to get it off. I would of left out the detail spray for cleaning. I don't believe it is as slick as other products.

If it was dry out I would have done just that, however it was very dewy out so it was all stuck.  I didn't really have 20 minutes to do a waterless wash. I hosed and then did the detail spray to help bead and remove more water. 

I was seriously debating just calling in late and washing it though   haha

Ash mixed with water is typically worse on the paint than just ash alone, so unless you can rinse it all off and clean completely its best to leave it be. I'd, at the very least, wipe it down with waterless or DS when you get a chance .

Thanks Dylan,  I was sure I got all of it off.  That's why I wanted to get it off because the truck was wet because of the AM dew.  I just wasn't sure how ash reacted with paint.

Should of just drove to work, since ash is dry most of it would have blown off.

Could of also done a Rinseless Wash. I can do my Colorado in 10-20 minutes depending on how dusty it is and how much of a hurry I'm in.

or

Waterless Wash to get it off. I would of left out the detail spray for cleaning. I don't believe it is as slick as other products.

I don't know how the heck you can do a Rinseless in 10-20 minutes!!...?? That's FAST!!

If its only lightly dirty I can get my wifes Rav4 done in 30 mins.  GDWM is so efficient

And i only use 1 gallon of water plus whatever diluted mixture I use for pre-soak from the bottle (about 16 oz worth)

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I don't know how the heck you can do a Rinseless in 10-20 minutes!!...?? That's FAST!!

Usually about 20 minutes. If I finish in under 20 I'm usually running around the truck and occasionally miss a spot.