Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from New Jersey

CadillaChick

Just wanted to introduce my self and say Hi  :hi:  to everyone.

My name is Amy I have been buying and using a good bit of Adams Polishes products for almost 2 years.

My detailing product obession started or was basically forced after owning a 2011 Black Raven Cadillac CTS 3.6  Rwd Premium model that drove me nuts trying to keep nice.

2u5xu13.jpg

Switched to a brand new 2013 Radiant Silver Cadillac ATS 2.0T Rwd Performance trim 19 months ago.

I even insisted on not allowing them to finish the PDI so that I could be the first one to clean the interior so that I could find any imperfections and ect..

Interior detailing wise I feel that I am pretty good and confident with tackling any issue.

Exterior wise with the paint and ect I still lack any confidence with attempting to do any claying which I think my car is in dire need.

Right  now I just thoroughly wash, dry the car off with my blaster sidekick and great white towel followed by Adams detail spray.

But I am starting to see contamination on the paint that probably has to be taken off with claying or ect.

And few light scratch marks left from those type of people that always like to point at and touch the stuff that is on your car paint leaving tiny scratches.

That doesnt happen any more because I just scream don't touch it.. Sorry I hate that..

I do not ever let the Dealership wash my car, and I have not found any local detailers that I would trust with my car so I might be forced to tackle all of this by my self.

Pictures of the ATS

20fpcae.jpg

r8ilon.jpg

2yjtpu1.jpg

2q34z8p.jpg

b8kakj.jpg

Edited by CadillaChick

:welcomebanner: Amy!

Plenty of very helpful people on here so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Claying is not that hard

Here are a couple videos that Adam/Dylan did on claying the car:

Edited by CTFocusST

Welcome, Amy.  Like Eric said, claying is not hard.  Just spend some time watching the videos and you'll do fine.  With the Cyclo or a PC, you really can't do anything wrong that can't still be corrected.

Love your Cadillac.

Welcome!

Seeing as the car is brand new it could probably benefit from some 1:1 DWC for a decon for all the rail dust from delivery.  As mentioned, I wouldn't worry about marring the paint much with Adam's clay, especially on silver and a car that has yet to be corrected.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I have been watching and studying the videos all winter, I have already bought the clay and have used it on my windshield prior to applying the Adam's glass sealant last Fall.

Edited by CadillaChick

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the tips and encouragement everyone I finally worked up the nerve to clay the paint and it was easier and free flowing than I originally thought.

Now I just need to figure out how to get a couple light clear coat scratches removed..

You guys rock!!!

:D:):rockon::2thumbs:

Edited by CadillaChick

Amy, first off, welcome, and very nice car, although the black CTS looked good too!

As far as the light clear coat scratches, unless they are very light, you may need a machine to get them out completely.

If you want to try by hand, possibly Revive polish may work, but with a machine, Adam's Correcting Polish and correcting pads would do the trick.

Be sure to check out the Adam's videos for tips and instructions on how to do the correcting, or other items you may want to get completed.

Amy, first off, welcome, and very nice car, although the black CTS looked good too!

As far as the light clear coat scratches, unless they are very light, you may need a machine to get them out completely.

If you want to try by hand, possibly Revive polish may work, but with a machine, Adam's Correcting Polish and correcting pads would do the trick.

Be sure to check out the Adam's videos for tips and instructions on how to do the correcting, or other items you may want to get completed.

Thank you that is exactly what I found out to try on here yesterday after some searching..

The black CTS had better paint appearance than my Radiant Silver that has orange peel all over it from the factory but the Raven black didnt and definitely feels like it was a better quality paint or paint job..

The Radiant Silver is strange to me I do not know how to explain it but when a rock chips appear it is like the clear coat is soft and flakes off but the paint stays and nothing penetrates it or something..

If it doesn't work I might just let Detailers Domain fx it..

Edited by CadillaChick

Welcome Amy! Nice looking ride as well!

8f you're in Bergen county I also know of a decent high end detailer in Lodi. If you're interested let me know and I can forward you his info!

Please let me know where because that is closer, I just need a few light scratch marks on the clear coat removed..

Other than that no interior cleaning I am getting rid of the car next year for a CTS Vsport anyways but I still want it to look nice while I have it because the scratches mess with my OCD..

Edited by CadillaChick