Customer Service 866.965.0400

2015 Audi A6 Gets Clean

SYMAWD

Here's my parents' A6.  With this car they listened to me and only take it to either a touchless wash or no wash at all.  It got a bit dirty since I last came home from college and washed it.

IMAG1043_zpstei7odkt.jpg

IMAG1044_zpsot3mfgxp.jpg

IMAG1045_zpselmzdbp9.jpg

IMAG1046_zpsrnfo4omo.jpg

I started off with some DWC on the wheels:

IMAG1047_zpsrphwlnnd.jpg

I agitated with a wheel woolie for the barrel and a boar's hair brush for the face.  Luckily they also got the 19 in wheel option.  Bigger wheels = much easier to clean the barrel.

IMAG1048_zpsz6yux61h.jpg

IMAG1049_zps02usqtmc.jpg

Next up was a round of APC agitated with a stiff bristled brush on the tires that haven't been cleaned in about 2 months.

IMAG1050_zpsqns5hz3l.jpg

Finished up with a foam gun wash and H20 Guard and Gloss.  Trim was treated with SVRT and tires were coated with a non-Adam's product.

IMAG1051_1_zpsv7zubjdk.jpg

IMAG1052_zpsq3y06kq5.jpg

IMAG1053_1_zps0chnir51.jpg

This car was prepped by the dealer.  Some know what they are doing.

IMAG1054_zpsgqlel7cf.jpg

IMAG1055_zpskuo47i3p.jpg

Lastly, H20 guard and gloss is being used as the only LSP on the car so I'll report back on how long it lasts.  Application was very easy as well as drying the car.  It smells horrible straight from the bottle, but when actually using it, it is a very pleasant grape scent.

Edited by SYMAWD

Nice write-up! How's the foam gun been working for you? About to pull the trigger on one myself

I like it a lot.  In fact I one bucket wash with it.  Just a rinse bucket and then I get fresh suds by spraying foam directly into my wash mitt as I wipe.  Using that method, I only need 1 oz of car shampoo and only fill the foam gun half way.

great job.  Not to be picky but those exhaust tips cleaned up would look even better!!!

I'll do them next time.  They are like the wheels though, a week later and they're black again.

Nice job.

Seal the tips and make it easier to clean them up.  At least the outside of them.  The inside is a lost cause as they will carbon up again quickly.  But sealing them makes it so much easier to maintain. 

Did you seal the wheels? 

Nice job.

Seal the tips and make it easier to clean them up.  At least the outside of them.  The inside is a lost cause as they will carbon up again quickly.  But sealing them makes it so much easier to maintain. 

Did you seal the wheels? 

No, I'll probably put some quick sealant on next time.  Audi brake dust actually comes off rather easily unlike BMW brake dust.

• 1 month later...