Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towels for grungy applications

LT1xL82

Question

What towels are a good choice for applications not worthy of the nicer Adam's Polish towels? For example, cleaning wheels, engine compartments and door frames that have been neglected for some time, etc. 

Is it wise to buy Cheap Charlie's Cleaning Rags and either wash, or even trash them? Or is using a much more expensive towel such as Adam's Edgeless Utility towel for maybe 5X the price a better long term approach?

In other words, is a towel costing perhaps 5x the price worth the premium when used for grungy applications? Either in performance or longevity? The price difference may not break any of us, but I'd rather not be wasteful.

7 answers to this question

The cheapest towels you'll find will be the ones sold in the bulk pack at the warehouse stores - the issue is that after the first use and subsequent washing they'll usually curl up, stick to themselves, and be a real pain to use again due to the low quality materials.

Something like our edgeless utility towel will never do that, as a matter of fact other than getting discolored and stained they'll last you a REALLY long time.

So it really comes down to what you'd prefer - you can buy our edgeless utility towel and get a great quality towel that you'll have for awhile, or you can buy the bulk ones cheap and just toss them after 1 or 2 uses requiring you to buy more. At one point the cheap scenario ends up catching the other in overall cost.

I have some cheapies around but rarely use them. My Adams utility towels, although stained, work better and last longer. I'm still using the ones from the first set I bought at least 5 years ago. Quality trumps price.