Customer Service 866.965.0400

Take off Buttery to put on H20 G&G?

VinZum

Question

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I just delved into Adams products several months ago, love the gear and recently expanded the collection.

I applied Brilliant Glaze followed by Buttery Wax to my car about 4 weeks ago, I have maintained with semi weekly 2 bucket washes using the Detailing Spray.  I just ordered some VRT and H20 G&G and want to give that a ****.  Here's the dilemma, the wax is still working great!! We been getting a decent amount of rain here recently (NE Florida) and it just beads up and flies off.  Question is, should I just wait it out and let the wax run it's course before trying out the Guard and Gloss, or should I attempt to IPA strip it and put down the G&G?  Im sure you guys know the temptation to try newly purchased products ;)

A bit off topic, but I have even been wiping windows down with detail spray during the drying phase and water beads right off there as well!! These products are awesome.  

Thanks

Vin

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the help,  I will post some before and after pics this weekend!

I had originally posted here about a shipping, issue, but it was simply Amazon posting incorrect tracking information.

Edited by VinZum

I tried to order through your site last night but it kept giving me an error so I ordered your products through Amazon. It says it ships directly from you.  It was a decent size order, bottle of VRT, a gallon of detail spray, the H20GG and a few applicator pads.

Edited by VinZum

I tried to order through your site last night but it kept giving me an error so I ordered your products through Amazon. It says it ships directly from you. It was a decent size order, gallon of detail spray, the H20GG and few applicator pads.

Update your address in your Profile, when they migrated to the new website some addresses got messed up.

Order came in today, it all looks great!  Wash n H20GG tomorrow, I will post some pics!!

I used the Total interior detailer todays on both cars, it has a nice mild scent.

So I put a coat of H20 G&G on today after 2 bucket wash.  At first it was hard to tell how much was going on as I am used to waiting for hazing to show.  I realized I had been putting too much on or waiting too long to wipe off after a few panels as I had to put some pressure to get it nice and clear.  In the end I am happy with the results.  I used it on the glass too.  I'll give it a few weeks before I decide if I like this better then buttery wax (which I think is awesome!).  

I tried to upload pictures, but they load upside down....any idea why? I am loading from a mac