Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug removal

14CamaroSS

Question

Hey guys.

Just wondering if you can use Adams all purpose cleaner to pre soak the front bumper and hood?? If so what dilution or if I can use full strength.

I've also seen people use rinse less wash as a pre soak, I don't have any of that here and need to wash my car tomorrow.

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

I wouldn't.  Your going to strip off all your protection (wax and sealant) by doing so.  If you don't have rinseless or waterless I would suggest just soaking with your hose and taking your time getting the bugs off so not to swirl up your paint.  

Another excuse to place your next order.

Edited by LFairbanks

First off, Welcome to Adam's Forums!

As Chris said, APC will strip off your protection,  There are dedicated bug removers on the market, but they are strong and will also remove the LSP.

Some other options to Waterless wash  - premixed Car Wash Shampoo (works best with a foaming sprayer) or soaking thin MF towels in your wash solution, and placing them over the bugs for 5 minutes or so.  Your goal is to wet the bug carcasses and guts enough to let them 'slide' off without applying pressure.

First off, welcome, secondly this:

......I agree if you want to strip your paint use All Purpose Cleaner if not use Waterless Wash or Rinseless Car Wash.          

One more thing that I may add, after you get the bugs removed apply a coat of Quick Sealant on your front clip......the Quick Sealant will make your paint slick and bug will come off a lot easier the next time.          

Chris05GTO nailed it with great advice here...............................................

Great question 14 Camaro.

I tried the waterless wash presoak and didn't notice any difference. I have plenty of HGG on it ( I apply HGG every other wash), and I think I'll need to clay or maybe polish them off.

It is possible that the bugs are more melted in due to the engine heat making the hood hot on the 1 hour one way drive?

Thanks. I do wash our DD's every weekend (unless it's raining) but I think all the hot sunny days we've had this summer and how many miles it's driven every day building a lot of engine heat for a prolonged period, have cooked them on pretty good. Along with it being a Kodiak Black hasn't helped.

I can usually get bugs off my DD pretty good with just soap and my wash mitt, it's silver and driven about 20 miles each way to work.

Edited by FrozenWS6