Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from SoCal High Desert - new to Adam's

Ydtrack

I just picked up a black Trailblazer SS from a little old man and it is going to need some love. This is my first black car in many years, mostly because of the heat and dust/dirt where I live. The TBSS is going to need some paint correction, as while it was extremely well taken care of, it does have some light swirling that will need to be dealt with. I have been using Zaino on my other cars, but am looking for something a little better for the TBSS. I plan to wash and clay bar to start with, then get into the paint correcting combo. I have a Griot's 6" random orbital and was going to add the 6" gen 5 pad bundle. My biggest question is where to go after the paint correction? I was looking at the liquid paint sealant, but don't know if a wax like Americana would be good for a black car in the desert heat. It will be primarily garaged and reserved for weekend getaways, but I may drive it to work now and again. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum.  A sealant will give you more durability than a wax in the desert heat.  However it needs to be applied directly to your paint after correction and removal of polishing oils.  Then you can top it with wax if you choose to do so.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/14851-faq-whats-the-best-wax-for-black-paint/

Edited by LFairbanks

Welcome Craig!

There are lots folks on here that have had a TBSS, including the gone, but not forgotten Shine Doc Dylan.  For an example of what your TBS can look like, go to post #9 of this thread (have a towel handy to wipe up the drool!!! :D) - 

Which of Adams products gives the wet look shine to black paint?

Welcome, you'll love your TBSS, they are fantastic. Above replies were spot on, full correction, sealant, then wax & BG. Not sure where in the high desert you are, but I'm in Northridge if I can be of help.

We've got an '07 TBSS that's my wifes.

Bruce

Craig,

Right across the street from Rydell Chevrolet! Great dealer to deal with. Feel free to drop me a note or call wwhen you're coming down.

Bruce

Will let you know. We got our Tahoe from Rydell, definitely better than the stealership up here. Edited by Ydtrack

Welcome! I too had a black TBSS as a daily driver for over 5 years, and I still miss it!

While Pennsylvania doesn't have the extremes of desert heat, it does get incredibly humid here in the summer months, and I had no problems at all with the Brilliant Glaze and Americana combo. The results were always stellar!

221383_10103286478682264_303965104_o_zps

If you want some added protection, Liquid Paint Sealant is the most durable product offered by Adam's, and you could always follow it up with BG and Americana or Patriot paste wax for that awesome, deep wet shine :) H2O Guard & Gloss is quickly becoming my new favorite product, so that's another option too!

Edited by Dan@Adams

• 3 weeks later...

Love it! :bow:

I'm not sure if maybe you applied it after these pictures were taken, but just in case, have you considered any Super VRT or Tire Shine for the tires? SVRT worked great on all of the rubber window trim, wiper cowl, side mirror arms, rear bumper plastic step and lower insert, and the satellite radio antenna on the roof on mine when I had it.

Here's a great kit to scrub the tires with APC and then dress them with SVRT to give the tires a nice satin, semi-gloss clean look:

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/adam-s-tire-trim-combo.html

Or if you want more shine to your tires, this TIre Shine Refill Kit will last you a long time!

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/adam-s-tire-shine-refill-kit.html

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, the TBSS looks great! I wanted to get one for the longest time, I still kind of do. I'm actually going to be moving out to Twentynine Palms in May, I thought that's where you might be when I saw High Desert, but I guess you're out on Edwards. Haha

Welcome, the TBSS looks great! I wanted to get one for the longest time, I still kind of do. I'm actually going to be moving out to Twentynine Palms in May, I thought that's where you might be when I saw High Desert, but I guess you're out on Edwards. Haha

29 Stumps? Marine? TBSS's are out there, you just have to find a nice one. This one was from the original owner with low mileage, but it still has some minor issues I had to fix, the paint being one of the biggest issues.

29 Stumps? Marine? TBSS's are out there, you just have to find a nice one. This one was from the original owner with low mileage, but it still has some minor issues I had to fix, the paint being one of the biggest issues.

Yep, Marine. I'm just happy to be going back to California. I missed it so much. I'm not a East Coast kind of guy. 

I've looked at a couple and know what to look for in getting one, I'm just looking for the right one, if it comes along.