Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where are all the subaru drivers and lovers post up a pic

boobaru

• 3 weeks later...

I need to get some new pictures, but my car recently had hail damage and required basically a full repaint besides the bumpers.  I'm waiting for the paint to cure for a few months before I give it some love.  Here is an older pic from when I lived in Michigan and attended a Subaru meet.

DSC_0066_zpsh7pyonq4.jpg

and here is one of my dogs a few years back when he was a puppy after falling asleep trying to climb into the front seat.  This was actually on a long trip to Florida before I bought my wife a new car that became the road trip car.  

150403_10151306368240732_1266243476_n_zp

Edited by MaStA

After countless reading of post I decided that Yes, I'd try it this way. Although it won't evaporate as quickly due to sealant over it, I used it primary to finish of minor imperfections that were maybe maybe

Edited by oski83

Maybe <5% from previous machine polish. Today I just did a full wash followed by Revive and Liquid Sealant to get her ready for the winter. Darn daylight ran out so I wasn't able to apply Buttery wax. Oh well, at least Sealant is on!

Thank you! Much appreciated! I'm sure if you search forums you'll find some apply it this way. A quick search found this:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29387-winter-preparation/?hl=%2Bapplying+%2Bglaze&do=findComment&comment=458997

I guess I should have read all of his post the first time and not just the part that he replied to me with haha.  Yeah that is against what I have always read in the past, but it makes sense as long as the sealant can adhere properly to the glazed layer.  In theory that would lock in the nice glazed look that you would expect when applied as the last layer.  Curious to see how it holds up for you.

Very true...I did detail of pics posted above end of August maybe first week of September. I do daily QD wipe downs due to where I live (near industrial area and fallout) and the annoying carpet mini-poop bombings by birds as they take off being perched on the edge of my work building....those tiny specks of crap that are usually stubborn to remove. That being said, water beading was still present and shine too. But with November being here and snow, ice, slush, sleet, and freezing temps around the corner, and no garage I felt the need to give it a final sealant of the season this past Halloween weekend. Hopefully I can bear the cold at the local coin op once my hoses are put away with some h2o and towels. And don't worry I only use coin op for pressure hose lol

When I first bought my STI I lived in an apartment, but I rented a one car garage.  I did not have access to wash the car in the parking lot so I had to also go to a coin op place.  Now I live in a duplex with a two car garage so I take care of it all in my driveway.  I have a Sun Joe 2030 psi pressure washer that I use a foam cannon on now.  Makes it fun haha.  What steps did you take to remove any leftover residue from the prior application?  Did you strip it with soap, clay it off, or simply apply another layer of sealant after a wash?  What state are you in by the way?  I used to live in Michigan and had to fight with all of that stuff, but now I'm in New Mexico and we are lucky to get a dusting down here.  Up in the mountains about 30 minutes away though there will be plenty of snow.

I'm sure there was 'some' sealant left from my previous detail 2 months ago but I'm sure Brilliant Wax I had applied over it had evaporated. After all, between weekly washes, daily wipe downs etc I probably didn't have much protection on paint to last all winter. Didn't clay it as I felt paint was still in decent enough shape to hold off until Spring. I'm in North Jersey near Oil refinery so depending on which way the wind is blowing, there can be a very fine dust black layer overnight. Daily wipe downs equivalent to rinse less washes is almost a necessity when parking outdoors

I see.  I can't even seal my paint before the winter because my car was recently repainted due to hail damage.  What should have been mostly paintless dent repair turned into a repaint because of how much the first body shop I took it to jacked up the paint in the process.  I ended up having to take it to a second shop and they repainted all of the metal panels and told me I had to wait 90 days to wax/seal.

• 2 weeks later...

That is what i thought I love work wheels and i have been a huge fan of the cr2ps since they released. They are top on my list of wheels i want to look into getting for next summer but in 18's and hopefully more dish. It will be a very hard decision when it comes time to deciding on what wheels i want to finally buy lol. They look awesome and really good on your wrx

Thanks for the compliment! I've had them since April and was told I had first set in this finish in the states since order was placed early January. I have A disk which is concave enough so that if I run BBK I'd have to switch the fronts as these won't clear Brembos. More lip would mean even wider than 9.5 I run plus lower offset which I didn't want as these sit flush enough with minor camber