Customer Service 866.965.0400

LSP high spots

Junior

Question

I think I am seeing high spots from my LSP on the car and wondered if anyone else notices that on theirs. Mind you, it isn't noticeable in most cases, but when the sun hits it just right you can barely see what looks like the LSP application patterns. I typically apply by hand so maybe I am applying too thick and causing it to look that way. Additionally, I usually don't use a seperate mf towel to do a final buff so maybe that's something I need to look at doing. Just wanted to check with everyone if this sounds like it is technique driven or just sort of the way things are when you put wax on a black car. I guess I need to do a strip wash and start over to identify if that is what I am seeing or something altogether different. Really don't think it is swirls.

4 answers to this question

Yes, you have diagnosed your own problem......high spots most frequently result from areas or "ridges" that were applied too thick.  Maybe try a final wipe down with Detail Spray and a fresh towel.  BTW, which LSP are we talking about?

- Darryl