Customer Service 866.965.0400

Small Americana Container

I have a small container of Americana and it seems the container is collapsing. The cover has been a little concaved since I got it a while back and I have only used it once before. This time when I went to get it out to get ready to use it again it was hard to open and it seems the top has collapsed even more. To get the lid on I have to just push it on because it will not screw on. Also I don't know if it is normal but the bottom is dimpled up in the center but this looks pretty even so maybe it is how it should be but could be a problem when the wax gets low. This has always been kept on a shelf in my temp controlled basement. I have attached two pictures but it is hard to see the indentation on the lid. Is there a way that I can maybe get a new lid? Hopefully it would fit OK because I don't think I could get all the wax out to change the container.

post-9285-0-39484500-1447646167_thumb.jpg

post-9285-0-07435200-1447646170_thumb.jpg

post-9285-0-81812100-1447646566_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron, this is an issue for our customer service team!   While we discontinued that size a good while back, we'll do something to make it right, I promise!  866-965-0400 or orders@adamspolishes.com

Thanks!

Mine looks the same and the lid takes quite a bit of muscle to twist off. I've had my container for 2 years and store it in the refrigerator. Not a huge deal for me but hopefully they've made some improvements to the container for Americana. Adam and his team will take care of you for sure though.

Hi Ron, I've had similar issues with the lid on the normal size Americana container as well as the mini container. To answer your first question, both the lid and container of Americana are concave just like you see, so that is normal.

What I've found works best for me is that when I'm closing up the container, once it's super tight like I'm used to closing most lids and caps of everything else in my house, I will then give it a quick counter-clockwise twist to loosen it just a bit and make it easier to remove next time. If you were looking at the lid like it was a clock face, I will turn it back about 1 hour on the clock face. This still gives great seal on the container and makes it a little less frustrating on your hands. I will also sometimes wipe off the plastic threads on the container as well if I accidentally get any wax buildup on them.

Like Adam mentioned, give us a call or email and we will make it right for you :)