Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Washing

mdamore419

Question

Will it still be possible to do a full wash and apply all the products you normally would when temperatures are high or will you only be able to do basic things like washing and shining tires? And do some products needed higher temperatures to be activated to get the full effect?

4 answers to this question

Probably wouldn't want to do a full correction in the snow.

I agree with Kingsford....Your best things to do is do a full treatment right before the temperatures start dropping for the winter and wait until spring then do another full treatment after all the winter weather.  That is what I do and it seems to work well only thing in winter is a normal wash.   One time it was almost a month before we got past 35 outside.  I drove on snow for almost two weeks going to and from work.

Edited by DieselDude

I wash year round, but pull the vehicle inside to do everything else.  One thing I have learned......water freezes at 32F..... :lolsmack:

However, if I can leave the car inside the night before, many times I can take it out, do the wash and get it back in before it gets too bad.  If the car is outside in the cold, washing doesn't work since the surface is already at a cold ambient temperature and it won't be fun.....

Get some scuba gloves!

- Darryl

Edited by Odds and Ends

Hi Matt, welcome! I see that you're from my neck of the woods!

The coldest I really like to apply any of our waxes or sealants would be around the 45 F range. Anything less and my fingers get too cold and the products can be more difficult to work with for application and removal.

If you ever get bored and don't mind a little road trip, you're welcome to drive down to the Uniontown area and I could help you out or you could use my somewhat heated garage...it's well insulated and I run a space heater that typically keeps the garage in the 55 F range during winter.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :)