Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black Friday Goods

Oyyci

I debated all day on Black Friday if I should get the Rupes 21 kit that was on sale. I bit the bullet. I could wait for Christmas so, I went at the Mustang. I'm lucky I worked at the airport for awhile and they still let me use the heated hangar to wash my car. Otherwise, this probably wouldn't have happened till spring. The Rupes 21 was too big for some parts but, that thing sure does move. I learned some for the next time. I used way too much polish I think. It was really hard to get the polish off, especially the finish polish.

One question. My big blue clay bar had chunks in it. The chucks did not stretch easy and didn't flatten when messaged. I actually had one big chunk I pulled out because it was like a marble sized piece and it was sort of getting in the way. Is that normal?

-2 bucket wash, old style wash soap. I need some of that new blue stuff and a foam gun bad.

-big blue clay bar

-paint correcting polish, twice over in some bird bomb spots that needed extra love.

-paint finishing polish

-paint sealant with grey pad on the Rupes

-VRT on the tires and black plastics

No before pics, I forgot to take them. It was pretty embarrassing, I haven't had time in awhile.

post-8328-0-22042500-1449438902_thumb.jpg

post-8328-0-83322800-1449438927_thumb.jpg

post-8328-0-17291200-1449438952_thumb.jpg

post-8328-0-66307300-1449438970_thumb.jpg

post-8328-0-71857500-1449438990_thumb.jpg

Guest washemup

The pic with the light looks great. If the rest of the car looks this good, I'd say you did a great job. If your finishing polish was hard to remove, I'd think you may have overworked it just a bit. I used to use a Griot's garage 6" before I got my Rupes 21 from Adams.

The finishing polish I used with both machines, the Griots took 5 passes to be completely worked, with the 21 3-4, which I learned on my first section done with it. It was a little hard to remove, so I sprayed it with IPA (10%).

The next section I only did 3 passes and removal was a breeze with excellent results. The temperature and humidity will also cause the polish to break down slower or faster. 

The increased throw (21mm vs 8mm) is essentially working the product almost 3x faster, so I can do the same section faster now because the polish works faster with the Rupes, while at the same time getting better resuts.

The next thing you need is the Rupes Mini. This polisher is a beast for all the smaller areas the 21 won't get to. I like mine as much as the 21.

Great job, that car looks good out there. 

Two options if its hard to remove, as stated above, over worked which is easy as heck to do, or did you do the entire car and then go back to remove? 

AS to the clay, what Dan said, give them a call. 

Looks great!  I just got the Rupes 21 as well, unfortunately im going to have to wait till spring to give it a shot! 

How did it feel for doing the large panels?  I have a coupe as well and am hoping that i can use it on the majority of my vehicle!

Great job, that car looks good out there. 

Two options if its hard to remove, as stated above, over worked which is easy as heck to do, or did you do the entire car and then go back to remove? 

AS to the clay, what Dan said, give them a call.

I tried both ways one panel and the whole side of the car. Both results were about the same, streaky and laborious to get off. I suspect you guys are right, I probably over worked it. The Rupes 21 really has a huge movement.

Looks great!  I just got the Rupes 21 as well, unfortunately im going to have to wait till spring to give it a shot! 

How did it feel for doing the large panels?  I have a coupe as well and am hoping that i can use it on the majority of my vehicle!

It works great for big panels. The bumpers and the rear spoiler are the only places where I couldn't hit everything. I took like six hours this time. If I am truly over working the polish, I could probably reduce the process by quite a bit. I'm looking at getting a pickup truck next year, and it sure will be nice to have the ginormous pad then.

Looks great!

Having chunks in the clay bar is not normal.  Give Customer Service a call and they will take care of you.

I'll see if I can get a picture, they are worth a thousand words. The bar still worked good. Just odd, really.