Customer Service 866.965.0400

Feets31

Question

Dylan was on a podcast today talking about his history and the Rupes machines set to debut next week.  He said they will continue to make and support the ES (current models 15 and 21) after the Mark II's are released. So if you are considering a 15ES you might grab it now as it may not get any cheaper.  If they were going to discontinue them that might be a different story. 

He also said the Nano ( the ultra small new Rupes) should be available around March unless all of the Rupes employees snap them up once they are produced.  It is a hybrid and can run on battery or electricity. They can be used inside or outside of a car and you can purchase brushes with it. 

So the wait is almost over 

DvK - I just came to tell you how BEAST the Mark II's look - If the funds allow I'll be grabbing one for sure

Its not just looks... they really pack a fair amount of torque. My advice to you should grab one - adjust your technique to operate the tool most commonly at speed 4, only going to speed 6 when needed (in curves or in seriously aggressive correction). At 4 the tool feels stronger than the ES models, at 6 its almost too much on larger panels for typical correction work. 

Awesome tips D - will do for sure, I would definitely grab a Mark II 15, and relegate my trusty GG6 to 4" and other pad duty (and retire my original 7424 most likely) - Only use the torque and speed that you need to correct is definitely the mantra!  I am also a huge fan that you guys took the best part of the Mini (the resting pad on the head of the tool) and incorporated it into all the Mark II's!

Awesome tips D - will do for sure, I would definitely grab a Mark II 15, and relegate my trusty GG6 to 4" and other pad duty (and retire my original 7424 most likely) - Only use the torque and speed that you need to correct is definitely the mantra!  I am also a huge fan that you guys took the best part of the Mini (the resting pad on the head of the tool) and incorporated it into all the Mark II's!

My plan too Jason!

I'm trying to decide between the Rupes 15 & 21 Mark II. I'm sure either will be fine, but I'm leaning towards the 15 Mark II for some reason. I may pick up their new upcoming cordless Nano as well. Hopefully they hit the shelves soon.

I have the 15ES  and the 21 Mark II...while similar they both serve slightly different purposes...the 21 is great for faster correction...bigger throw...and being bigger overall if covers more ground more quickly...big panels do go much faster with a 21 than a 15.  That said, the 15 definitely gets up against mirrors and spoilers more easily without whacking stuff.  If you are deciding between just one of the other and aren't detailing a big number of cars, the 15 is, in my opinion, the better choice...but if you're detailing a lot of cars and time is important, the 21 is a workhorse...then later add a Mini to the stable.  One thing that is without question a true statement...Rupes is a GREAT product...it makes detailing cars so easy...so hassle-free...so fun!!

Edited by MrOffshore

Its not just looks... they really pack a fair amount of torque. My advice to you should grab one - adjust your technique to operate the tool most commonly at speed 4, only going to speed 6 when needed (in curves or in seriously aggressive correction). At 4 the tool feels stronger than the ES models, at 6 its almost too much on larger panels for typical correction work. 

Wow...that is the truth...on my 15 I find myself running at higher speeds more commonly...it's a great machine without question.  When I run my 21 Mark II I find that I back the speed down considerably...it too is incredible.

I would love to see Adams offer a preorder for the Nano however I doubt they will sell it do to the fact it comes in a kit and does not include their pads or polish.  If you guys offer a preorder I will be first in line to send you my money! 

DVK hope all has been great in your new adventure.

Edited by kfxjc