Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference between Americana and Patriot

sahls01gmc

Question

I'm relatively new to Adam's products - used my products for the first time this weekend.  I decided to go with paint sealant since my truck stays parked outside in the Texas sun and is driven every day.  Now wondering if I should have gone with the paste wax after hearing how well it shines from everyone.  At worst I would just have to wax more often since it may not be as durable as the paint sealant. 

Think there is a big enough shine difference between paint sealant and the paste waxes (Americana or Patriot) on a silver truck to jsutif switching?  Or can Americana and sealant be layered or would there be no visual benefit?

I'm relatively new to Adam's products - used my products for the first time this weekend.  I decided to go with paint sealant since my truck stays parked outside in the Texas sun and is driven every day.  Now wondering if I should have gone with the paste wax after hearing how well it shines from everyone.  At worst I would just have to wax more often since it may not be as durable as the paint sealant. 

Think there is a big enough shine difference between paint sealant and the paste waxes (Americana or Patriot) on a silver truck to jsutif switching?  Or can Americana and sealant be layered or would there be no visual benefit?

Should always use a sealant regardless. If your truck sits outside the wax would just melt away under the hot sun. It's best to use a sealant as a base coat and for protection purposes since it lasts much longer than wax. You can always top the sealant with wax (after the sealant has cured for a few days to prevent hazing under the wax).

Should always use a sealant regardless. If your truck sits outside the wax would just melt away under the hot sun. It's best to use a sealant as a base coat and for protection purposes since it lasts much longer than wax. You can always top the sealant with wax (after the sealant has cured for a few days to prevent hazing under the wax).

Thanks. So would I apply the wax a few times a year as normal?  What about reapplying the sealant over it all?

Yep, you could apply the wax a few times per year, once per quarter should be fine. If you wanted to reapply another layer of sealant (I usually do Paint Sealant twice a year), I would recommend a strip wash or polish first to remove as much of the current protection on the vehicle as possible first before applying another layer of sealant.

Yep, you could apply the wax a few times per year, once per quarter should be fine. If you wanted to reapply another layer of sealant (I usually do Paint Sealant twice a year), I would recommend a strip wash or polish first to remove as much of the current protection on the vehicle as possible first before applying another layer of sealant.

Thanks Dan, that is exactly the guidance I was looking for.  Since I just applied my paint sealant I'll wait to order my Patriot or Americana Wax.  Hopefully before then we will have a mystery box and I'll be lucky enough to get some in mine. :)