Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help on what to get!

bigry19

Question

Can i do everything with a DA like flex 3401, rupes 15, 21, g21 g15?

I don't mind using a rotary but hate when i have to try to get a perfect finish with out buffer trails. I guess im asking do the DA's or forced da's have enough correction ? I'll mostly be doing somewhat production detailing and nothing really high end.

I'm excited to pull the trigger on a forced DA. 

Current arsenal is GG6, Cheapo harbor freight rotary. 

8 answers to this question

Yes, you can do all of your correction with a DA. The flex 3401 is the only one that is forced rotation. It would be the machine that is closest to a rotary in terms of correction power. A rotary can cut much faster, but the DA gives you much better finish without the buffer trails.

My personal choice would be the Rupes machines. They are very smooth and easy to operate but still work very well.

Thanks for the help guys. 

Right now i'm considering either rupes 15/21 griots 15/21 or flex 3401. 

Kinda confused on which one i really want as there is so much mixed information.

I just want to make sure i will be able to have enough correction power. 

For most correction power, I would narrow that list down to either the flex or the Rupes MarkII machines. Also think about what pad size you want to use. If you're going to only have 1 machine, the Rupes 15 is nice because it uses 6" pads so it's better to get into tighter areas than the 7" pads on the other 2 machines.

Thanks for the help guys.

Right now i'm considering either rupes 15/21 griots 15/21 or flex 3401.

Kinda confused on which one i really want as there is so much mixed information.

I just want to make sure i will be able to have enough correction power.

Good thing there was no rupes around when I bought my Flex 3401, made the choice very easy,

If I were in your shoes I'd be debating between Rupes 15 or Flex 3401. I love my flex but also have a Porter Cable that I turned into a 4in polisher for smaller areas. I like the power of the flex and the bigger pads so that you can correct a bigger area way quicker but it becomes a bit of a pain for smaller areas usually on the front end.

The thing with Rupes 15 that I read on this forum is that is a whole different animal in terms of technique. You can't be pushing on it or run it full speed without a fear of going through pads like underwear because of the added torque of the newest generation. It seems like the Rupes is smoother than the Flex but I never tried Rupes so hard to say for me.

There is a Flex for sale in the garage sale section currently, something to consider too

Edited by AvsBest

For most correction power, I would narrow that list down to either the flex or the Rupes MarkII machines. Also think about what pad size you want to use. If you're going to only have 1 machine, the Rupes 15 is nice because it uses 6" pads so it's better to get into tighter areas than the 7" pads on the other 2 machines.

Now both machines (Rupes 15 and Flex 3401) are set up to run the same pad with 6 gen