Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Stable Addition

pirahnah3

Well due to one of my guys at work encouraging me to take his Jeep for a ride (older early 90s Jeep) I have been itching for a new ride. I have my work truck for my daily use but it was time to put something fun into the stable. 

Stable pre addition is:

1955 Plymouth Savoy

1990 Dodge W350 RC LB 

1997 Jeep (TJ) (Fairly new to the stable but its just kinda my bombing around vehicle) 

Welcome my new toy.....

1995 (R129) Mercedes Benz SL500

All I can say is she is a BLAST to drive with the hard top off. The soft top is in need of some work, well there is a lot of little things that need to be done to her but she is a solid driver. 

I will post some more topless pics in the near future. She has NOT seen the Adams treatment yet and will be seeing some of it soon. That said I am not sure if there was a bad respray job done on the car or if there is some type of coating over the entire car. There is a TON of orange peel in whatever the final coat is and is certainly not MB quality. As I said I will get some more pics soon and we can try to figure out where the mistakes have been made. 

I have also been out driving her, and she gets some fair MPG, so far put about 300 miles on her and wow just such a FUN ride. 

post-13016-0-13383500-1466387684_thumb.jpg

Actually MB paint usually has a good amount of orange peel. That might be a repaint though because I worked at an MB dealer for 17 years and I'm not sure if I've ever seen that color before.

That Color is true Benz, came out in 1990, code 888 Teal Blue Metallic. I would really like to know how many of these there are as even doing google image searches there are very few of them out there. 

Here are a couple more pics, sorry not much else will be had for pics until she gets cleaned up. I am hoping soon. 

These thou are of some areas in question, There are three attached, one of the pass side A pillar that looks like either the clear gave up and the base paint is awesome, or a coating is peeling and the base clear is great, You can see what looks like a paint line where the hard top would meet the body, and then I used just some detail spray and a borderless towel and wiped the boot lid quickly, while there is shine, you can see how the finish is in the reflection. 

post-13016-0-78465100-1466468416_thumb.jpg

post-13016-0-02962800-1466468420_thumb.jpg

post-13016-0-33398200-1466468424_thumb.jpg

Jim,  I must say a very nice addition to the stable.  Welcome to the MB Club.  "The Best or Nothing" .  My father has 250K on his ML and still going strong he says he will drive it until 300K or possible longer depends on how things are going.  Not to brag but when I walk out of the building that I work in and look down the row that I park in and see the Mercedes Star I just grin (this row also has Lexus and BMW in it).