Customer Service 866.965.0400

Guard & Gloss

I've been using Adam's products for about 4 years now.  Some of it I love, and some of it I don't.  I've also tried a lot of competitor's products, again some I love and some I don't.  Adam's G&G always seemed like a cool product, so I was pretty pumped when I got a bottle in the last Mystery Box.

A97FC3CF-D5ED-487A-81E0-6F535581B763_zps

Since I also had some Waterless Wash I wanted to try I decided on the dry method to apply the G&G.  I wet one of the gray single softs and went to town.  I have never used a product that was applied and removed so perfectly.  It was literally as easy as wiping it on with the wet towel and wiping it off with the dry.  No "buffing" required and no streaking, even on my matte stripes.

I was a previous fan of the Quick Sealant, but when it was discontinued I switched to a competitor's "aerosol" sealant.  It (the competitor) had great longevity but I thought it was really lacking in the looks department.  And it's matching detail spray was about as streaky as smearing grease all over the paint. 

The slickness of the G&G is out of this world.  I would put the amount of gloss above just about every wax I've used, short of Americana.  I'm rambling now, here's a picture.

A04529E2-E0EC-4592-82B4-F43DEEC41D67_zps

If I had to give one complaint, I would say that with the dry method it's hard to tell if you're applying product or just wiping the paint with a wet towel.  I think I used more product than I should have because of this, but I would still say that I used a reasonable amount.  Using the same amount I'd say I could get about 7-8 total applications out of one bottle, more if I can reign in how much I'm using.

Easilly a 10 out of 10 product, it's purchase and use should be required by law.

• 2 weeks later...

H20 G&G is a great product! When I got home from work yesterday I saw some bird poop and a rather large insect committed suicide on my hood. Upon closer inspection I saw the poop and bug guts both had beaded and streaked! I never witnessed this with any other sealer or wax. Wish I took a picture but I was in a hurry to get that stuff off my paint, which btw both removed easily.

When you give the wet method a shot you might find that it's easier to control the amount applied. I think if I were to do it after a rinseless/waterless wash, I would use a spray bottle of straight water to allow for a wet application - wet the panel then use the G&G.

This stuff really goes a long way - on my sedans I can get away with 1-2 sprays per door, a spray for each half of hood and roof, a spray for each fender and quarter panel plus the top of the trunk, and 2 sprays per bumper. The wet method seems to more easily show you where the product is as you wipe, distinct from the wiping of plain water. I feel like I could get 10-15 applications pretty easily, especially if it's being done more frequently than the maximum 2 months duration.

Edited by butters

When you give the wet method a shot you might find that it's easier to control the amount applied. I think if I were to do it after a rinseless/waterless wash, I would use a spray bottle of straight water to allow for a wet application - wet the panel then use the G&G.

This stuff really goes a long way - on my sedans I can get away with 1-2 sprays per door, a spray for each half of hood and roof, a spray for each fender and quarter panel plus the top of the trunk, and 2 sprays per bumper. The wet method seems to more easily show you where the product is as you wipe, distinct from the wiping of plain water. I feel like I could get 10-15 applications pretty easily, especially if it's being done more frequently than the maximum 2 months duration.

I use distilled bottled water in a spray bottle, works perfect every time.

As for bugs and poop hit it with a shot of detail spray and let it sit for minute and they almost fall off.

-Jason