Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wipe after Blow dry?

PT3

Question

Hey guys....

How many of you still wipe the car down after you've blow dried?

Do you find you NEED to due to streaks/water trails?

I'm asking cause with my Toro (electric) leaf blower, I find I NEED to do a final wipe down with detail spray to get rid of any trace of water 'smears'.

So, many on here have suggested I blow dry my new black truck to minimize how much I have to touch it. But I don't see how blow drying is helping me with anything besides getting water out from the crevices.

Thanks for your thoughts.

post-12257-0-31177000-1471367044_thumb.jpeg

post-12257-0-48543800-1471371293_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PT3

I'd refer to it as a "My Porsche" lol no point in buying a Porsche if your not going to brag about it or not say the name constantly when you talk about it.

Not my style. Actions speak louder than words. ; )

Edited by PT3

I'm just teasing you.    Call it whatever you want.

If it was in my garage it would be a "car".  I think, technically, it's a "crossover" but that's a mouthful.

Oh, totally understand the teasing! All good.

I was asking sincerely... as you are right.... 'SUV' or 'crossover' is a mouthful. And I agree...the Cayenne isn't a truck. But since I tow with it, to me it's a 'truck'. Though, it handles, brakes and goes like a sports car!!

I don't like to brag and I don't like bragging that I have a Porsche as I purchased it for myself to enjoy and not to show off.  The second I tell someone I have a Porsche, they generally have a different reaction etc. than if I didn't. 

To be honest I have the same reaction given when I say I hesitantly tell people I drive a BMW - even though its 13 years old.

soon people will start having the same reaction to those who own brand new 1 ton Fords/Rams/GM b/c fully loaded those suckers are $75-80k plus.  Ok, maybe not the same reaction but they are close in price!

soon people will start having the same reaction to those who own brand new 1 ton Fords/Rams/GM b/c fully loaded those suckers are $75-80k plus.  Ok, maybe not the same reaction but they are close in price!

Close? ; )

Take a look at the prices of Porsches these days. Ouch.

I go around with the detail spray then blow dry. I use the H20 G&G about every 3rd wash so the water rolls off pretty easy and fast. But I usually focus on the door handles, trim, mirrors.... where the water seems to collect. After that I use the GW towel and more detail spray. There's nothing more annoying then water coming out of the mirror as your driving and landing on the side of the car.

Like the advice in some of the other threads, the less you touch black paint, the longer it will look great without having to polish it regularly.

Get yourself a Master Blaster to blow 95% of the water off, including all the cracks and crevices, then go back with some Detail Spray and a plush towel to get the last of the drops and drips.  You willbe surprised at how much better a Master Blaster works than a leaf blower or the Sidekick.

Another option is to wash/rinse with deionized water, then you can blow it off and leave the 5% of what's left to air dry.  Sometimes I will not blow at all and just let it drip dry, but I have found that a lot of standing water on the paint will collect airborne dust, and when it dries it will leave behind some visible spots.  This is not water spotting, but just the collected dust left on paint where the water beads were.

Since you like to keep your truck/car clean all the time, you can also do "touchless washes" to get the dust off by just pressure washing with DI water, then blow it off, with no towel drying at all.  With just light dust, and no spotting from rain or anything, this gets it 98% clean, without much effort.

The key is to have your equipment setup so it is not a chore to get it all out. Mount the filter, pressure washer, and a hose reel on your garage wall.  Have it all hooked up, so all you have to do is turn on the water, pull the pressure washer hose off the reel, then go right to washing.