Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW over top of LPS?

DCRANER

Question

Working on my new Silverado. Will wash, clay, Correcting / Finishing polish, then LPS.

Now, since it will sit outside and as MSW is easy to apply with a gray machine pad (truck is big) what are your thoughts.

I always liked MSW, have a fresh bottle but probably a few years old. Would this be better than Americana over top of LPS?

Thanks.  Doug

2 answers to this question

Our Machine Super Wax (MSW) from several years ago later became Machine Super Sealant, which then became a reformulated Liquid Paint Sealant, so I don't see too much added benefit in applying it over LPS since they are all essentially improvements on a similar product. You could add a coat if it is still in good shape in the bottle, but MSW also took 12-24 hours to fully cure after buffing off the residue that you would need to wipe it down a second time after that.

If you layer too much, it could start to dull the appearance of the paint from too much product. MSW should have a little more durability than the Americana (as long as that bottle is still good), but Americana would give more shine and depth.

Our Machine Super Wax (MSW) from several years ago later became Machine Super Sealant, which then became a reformulated Liquid Paint Sealant, so I don't see too much added benefit in applying it over LPS since they are all essentially improvements on a similar product. You could add a coat if it is still in good shape in the bottle, but MSW also took 12-24 hours to fully cure after buffing off the residue that you would need to wipe it down a second time after that.

If you layer too much, it could start to dull the appearance of the paint from too much product. MSW should have a little more durability than the Americana (as long as that bottle is still good), but Americana would give more shine and depth.

Thanks Dan, understand now. Although there is no quick (machine) way to apply Americana to a Silverado Crew Cab. I guess I'll just have to not be lazy!

Thanks.  Doug