Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash

TrooperCAKirby

Question

7 answers to this question

My plan when I start the detail process on my girlfriends new '17 Explorer XLT is this:

Strip wash

Clay

Strip wash

Dry

Figure out what it needed in terms of paint correction, hoping only a one step correction.

LPS

Americana

BG

After a few weeks I'll do a H2OGG application

Edited by SumBeach35

My plan when I start the detail process on my girlfriends new '17 Explorer XLT is this:

Strip wash

Clay

Strip wash

Dry

Figure out what it needed in terms of paint correction, hoping only a one step correction.

LPS

Americana

BG

After a few weeks I'll do a H2OGG application

I don't see why a strip wash would be needed after clashing your vehicle. A quick rinseless should serve you more than enough

I don't see why a strip wash would be needed after clashing your vehicle. A quick rinseless should serve you more than enough

My only thought was to remove and strip any of the loosened material off the vehicle and let the strip wash remove as much as possible. I may decide to skip the first strip wash and just use wheel cleaner to remove any fallout and contamination before the clay bar then strip wash to remove any residue and have a bare surface to start polishing if needed

My only thought was to remove and strip any of the loosened material off the vehicle and let the strip wash remove as much as possible. I may decide to skip the first strip wash and just use wheel cleaner to remove any fallout and contamination before the clay bar then strip wash to remove any residue and have a bare surface to start polishing if needed

Do the first strip wash. You want the paint as clean as possible before you clay, so that the clay does not pick up dirt and scratch the paint.

After claying, I always wash again with the same bucket of shampoo, rather than switching to rinseless washing. Just faster to go right back and re-wash. And the strip wash will also clean the claying residue off better.

Do the first strip wash. You want the paint as clean as possible before you clay, so that the clay does not pick up dirt and scratch the paint.

After claying, I always wash again with the same bucket of shampoo, rather than switching to rinseless washing. Just faster to go right back and re-wash. And the strip wash will also clean the claying residue off better.

Was my original plan. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that. I like rinseless for quick touch up work and as an interior cleaner for really dirty cars.