Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax Review

Hello all and happy detail Sunday to everyone! :)

I just finished washing my car with the new W&W and decided to share a review of my experience with you guys.

Products used:

Wash and Wax Car Shampoo

Adam's foam Cannon

Limited Edition Blue Flag bucket (In remembrance of 9/11)

Adam's wash pads

post-14703-0-38314900-1473641935_thumb.jpg

I had strip washed my car about a 3 weeks ago and all the protection on the paint was G&G and Brilliant Glaze on top of that.

In the foam cannon:

I followed the instructions on the bottle and used 3 oz of car shampoo in the foam cannon. It foamed well and had I used less water as usual it would have had higher foaming consistency, very happy with the results though.

post-14703-0-63317200-1473642787_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-64498200-1473642818_thumb.jpg

As a bucket wash:

[Disclaimer: I use a hybrid Gary Dean method when washing the car, multiple wash pads and only one soap bucket. (once it gets dirty the pad doesn't go back into the bucket.)]

The consistency was slightly thicker than the regular car shampoo and the smell as promised is one of peach (really enjoyed the smell myself actually).

The shampoo foamed very well and provided excellent lubricity throughout the entire wash.

post-14703-0-51707800-1473643094_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-91747800-1473643108_thumb.jpg

Upon rinsing the car off I noticed that the water was literally hitting the car and sheeting off immediately to where it was leaving little to no water on the paint. This was something that definitely did not happen with the regular shampoo and I was very happy with this. It was most noticeable on the hood but happened on the entire car to some level as well.

post-14703-0-76862300-1473644548_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-14948700-1473645166_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-18648000-1473643305_thumb.jpg

Overall I would have to say that Adam's did very well with this product.The consistency is that of a quality car shampoo, ability to foam is there as well as lubricity (comparable or slightly better than the regular shampoo). What impressed me most was the shampoo's ability to sheet water off the car immediately after it touches it. The shine was impressive and the shampoo did seem to enhance the effects of the remaining G&G and Brilliant glaze on the car. Although it could have foamed better from the cannon, this product is impressive and I am happy with the purchase. I would suggest you give this product a try if you want something that will work well and will help kill 2 birds with one stone. The smell is amazing as well, really enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading guys and hope this was helpful. Here are some pictures of the finished product with some Buttery Wax on top. :2thumbs:

post-14703-0-50892800-1473643799_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-16762800-1473643818_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-49436800-1473643828_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys!

-Jake

Edited by jakerodz7

I used this while doing a customer's car yesterday. I put around 4 to 6 ounces in my gun and 2 in a bucket. Was much easier to work with than regular soap by adams, I loved how it dried virtually spotless while this black car baked in the sun and I used my soapy mitt to clay bar. Between watering n foaming the car as I moved about clay baring, it really did dry with virtually no spots like in the promo video. Protection wise, I'm skeptical however with the whole "wash and wax"

I picked up a gallon (and a 16oz bottle) of the W&W last week but since I needed to, and had time to, do a full detail over the weekend I ended up using the strip wash instead. Really happy to see the W&W will become a staple in my arsenal. Thanks for the review!

I am planning on doing a strip wash with the actual car shampoo not the old method (shampoo+APC) to the old Sentra this weekend if all goes well.  How did it perform for you as far as removing protection?  It will absolutely find its rightful place in your arsenal, I am planning on using it once a month for now and maybe stepping it up when need be.  My pleasure, thanks for reading!

I used this while doing a customer's car yesterday. I put around 4 to 6 ounces in my gun and 2 in a bucket. Was much easier to work with than regular soap by adams, I loved how it dried virtually spotless while this black car baked in the sun and I used my soapy mitt to clay bar. Between watering n foaming the car as I moved about clay baring, it really did dry with virtually no spots like in the promo video. Protection wise, I'm skeptical however with the whole "wash and wax"

I too found that the lubricity was slightly better than the regular car shampoo ounce for ounce.  I actually did notice that as well which was what I really liked about it, the water seemed to sheet off and so wasn't left on the paint to bead and then dry into a spot. I actually would say for protection it will help with maintaining and adding some protection to the paint, but I definitely wouldn't just use this on the paint for all my protection needs.

How many wash pads do you use for this method?

Great write-up!

Chris,

I typically use between 3-5 pads.  Depends on how dirty the car is, how large the car is (my car which has an all glass roof vs my brother in laws truck or Dad's truck which have a lot more "paint real estate".  I also use 2 of the "dreadlock" wash mitts exclusively for the wheels.  I really like this method because it eliminates the need for a second bucket, makes the washing process a lot faster (no need to rinse and rub pad on grit guard), and is safer for the paint (no matter how hard you rub you probably aren't getting all the gritty particles out of your wash pad.  If you have enough pad's I would suggest using this method for those reasons. My pleasure thanks for reading!  :thumbsup:

Very nice review. I actually had the chance to try the Wash and Wax this morning. The car I was washing was a VW Tiguan that had not been washed in a few months. The car previously had Glaze and LPS applied. The car was fairly dirty with a good amount of bugs on the front bumper. 

As far as cleaning the car it did a great job but I needed a pre-soak for the bugs. I did not use the foam cannon but maybe that would have helped... I was also thinking foaming the car with strip wash prior to a 2 bucket wash with the Wash and Wax could work well together, might help Wash and Wax to leave behind a better layer of protection???

What I also noticed was that the water did not want to sheet as well as the windows or plastic and would literally sit on the paint. Not sure if it due to my previous protection the car??? So I then decided to mist the car with detail spray to help with towel drying. The front hood got very streaky at first and the water did not want to soak up at first, after a few minutes it started to dry better. 

Maybe I did not rinse it with enough pressure, cause I made sure to rinse it well. I will definitely try it with a power washer next time and possibly doing a strip wash first to see how that works.

Overall a great product, with a wonderful smell and plenty of gloss!

some sunshine peaking through the trees bringing out the metallic

29553430081_3d000402dd_b.jpg

29343807210_4661864f80_b.jpg

Very nice review. I actually had the chance to try the Wash and Wax this morning. The car I was washing was a VW Tiguan that had not been washed in a few months. The car previously had Glaze and LPS applied. The car was fairly dirty with a good amount of bugs on the front bumper. 

As far as cleaning the car it did a great job but I needed a pre-soak for the bugs. I did not use the foam cannon but maybe that would have helped... I was also thinking foaming the car with strip wash prior to a 2 bucket wash with the Wash and Wax could work well together, might help Wash and Wax to leave behind a better layer of protection???

What I also noticed was that the water did not want to sheet as well as the windows or plastic and would literally sit on the paint. Not sure if it due to my previous protection the car??? So I then decided to mist the car with detail spray to help with towel drying. The front hood got very streaky at first and the water did not want to soak up at first, after a few minutes it started to dry better. 

Maybe I did not rinse it with enough pressure, cause I made sure to rinse it well. I will definitely try it with a power washer next time and possibly doing a strip wash first to see how that works.

Overall a great product, with a wonderful smell and plenty of gloss!

some sunshine peaking through the trees bringing out the metallic

29553430081_3d000402dd_b.jpg

29343807210_4661864f80_b.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience Billy. I actually had the same sheeting effect on my paint but with the pressure washer the water would actually all but run off of the car, especially the hood. Water pressure might make a difference though.  

I myself would not want to strip all the protection off and leave this as the only protection on the paint, but I would be curious as to how that works if you do end up trying it.

I actually did spray it down with detail spray as well to help with the drying process but I did not have any issues with streaking or the water not wanting to come off the paint. I would perhaps suggest you giving the paint several passes with the shampoo and see if that alleviates the issue.

As far as the water not wanting to sheet off the paint because of past protection, it is my experience that this would not be the case, and the opposite of this should be true. The water should sheet off faster and better if the paint has protection. However, as long as the water is not pooling up on the paint and staying on there I would not worry about it. Slow sheeting is not the best outcome but still shows protection on the paint.  

Thanks for reading and again for sharing your experience! Agreed with it being a great product, smell and gloss. 

Edited by jakerodz7

Ya I was mainly curious to see what others were experiencing during the rinse and drying part of the detail. I was just expecting a different water reaction I guess.

I was a little surprised when there wasn't beading for sure, but then when I saw that very little water was left on the paint it made sense as to why no beading. 

Great review. I too tried the W&W out for the first time this past weekend and absolutely loved it.  Car had H20 G&G 2 weeks ago so between the 2 water beaded well. added detail spray as drying aid. between the detail spray and W&W there were zero water spots. Left very nice shine as well and love the smell. I see a gallon in my future as i only got the 32 ounce.   

Great review. I too tried the W&W out for the first time this past weekend and absolutely loved it.  Car had H20 G&G 2 weeks ago so between the 2 water beaded well. added detail spray as drying aid. between the detail spray and W&W there were zero water spots. Left very nice shine as well and love the smell. I see a gallon in my future as i only got the 32 ounce.   

Thanks Don! I am actually a little surprised to hear the water beaded on your paint, like I said on mine it just ran off as I was rinsing. Still they are both good results.  I also noticed that this definitely lead to no water spots (which was better than the regular shampoo).  The smell is awesome reminds me of the fresh apple smell from the limited edition detail spray.  Do it man, it will be well worth it. 

Thanks Don! I am actually a little surprised to hear the water beaded on your paint, like I said on mine it just ran off as I was rinsing. Still they are both good results. I also noticed that this definitely lead to no water spots (which was better than the regular shampoo). The smell is awesome reminds me of the fresh apple smell from the limited edition detail spray. Do it man, it will be well worth it.

Camaro hood and roof is kind of flat, no where for the water to really run off. On the sides it ran off.

I'm just going to add my observations to this thread if you don't mind, Jake, so I don't have to start a new thread. I've only used it once but I felt uneasy using it. The lubricity was okay, not as good as Car Wash Shampoo IMO, and there were far less suds than CWS. It seems the soap and water dried on the car much faster than just the standard CWS as well, forcing me to wet the car with the sponge again before I did my rinse.

The rinsing seemed different than normal rinse with just CWS, but I assume that was because of the wax input. The water ran off okay on the sides, but on the hood it spotted up a bit with small beads, and the rest ran off alright.

Overall, I was unimpressed UNTIL I dried. I wiped it dry with the GWDT with Detail Spray, and at that point I could very easily see the additional shine on the paint. It also wiped very easily off the glass, leaving no streaks.

At the end of the day, I'm going to give the product a chance after seeing the drying results. But it will take me a few more uses to really judge the product.

I'm just going to add my observations to this thread if you don't mind, Jake, so I don't have to start a new thread. I've only used it once but I felt uneasy using it. The lubricity was okay, not as good as Car Wash Shampoo IMO, and there were far less suds than CWS. It seems the soap and water dried on the car much faster than just the standard CWS as well, forcing me to wet the car with the sponge again before I did my rinse.

The rinsing seemed different than normal rinse with just CWS, but I assume that was because of the wax input. The water ran off okay on the sides, but on the hood it spotted up a bit with small beads, and the rest ran off alright.

Overall, I was unimpressed UNTIL I dried. I wiped it dry with the GWDT with Detail Spray, and at that point I could very easily see the additional shine on the paint. It also wiped very easily off the glass, leaving no streaks.

At the end of the day, I'm going to give the product a chance after seeing the drying results. But it will take me a few more uses to really judge the product.

Of course Dustin,

I am always happy to hear other's experience, this is a big part of the reason I created this thread.  

I am curious as to how much soap you used in the bucket vs how much water?  I actually didn't have any issues with lubricity or the foam (although as stated on other threads foam doesn't matter nearly as much as lubricity, something I still find hard to agree with but am getting used to as it makes sense).  I also didn't struggle with the soap drying up quicker than with CWS but I believe Adam covered the fact that even if it did dry that would not be an issue (said you could go too lunch and come back in the video if I am not mistaken).

It seems to be that I actually had the opposite reaction of your experience even when it came to rinsing.  What is the previous protection you have on your paint?

I would say give it a shot a few more times and see if it gets better.  The gloss is definitely amazing compared to the CWS definitely due to the "wax" in this shampoo.  Hopefully it does get better for you! This soap has all but won it's place in my weekly routine.  

It does seem that people are having variable results with this product. I put in 3-4 ounces in the bucket, same as I do with CWS. I distributed it among my wash pad, wash wedge, and bucket before adding the water. I even added a little extra about halfway through the wash after noticing the suds had almost all disappeared, thinking I may have skimped a bit. I had applied HGG about a week and a half ago now, and this was my first wash since then. So I don't really know what to think at this moment. It definitely didn't really win me over, so to say. After my bottle is empty, I'll probably go back to my standard washes. I keep my SUV very well protected with sealants, HGG, and Patriot Wax because it sits for long periods of time. But again, once I get a few more uses of the Wash and Wax, I'll be in a position to make an informed decision.

Edited by Mariner