Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax Review

What's the point of using Car Shampoo now that this Wax & Wash is out?  I've used both and I seem to get a better shine from Wash & Wax... maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.  Also, the Wash & Wax offers "better" protection, so why not just use that?  Thanks.

I think the car shampoo has a perfect place for those that are going to be doing a full polish and detail, even those just looking to clay and detail, or decon, or any other jobs that would strip protection. I have also come to use it on occasion when I just want to do a quick wash shortly after I have recently done a wash and wax, or just applied some H2O recently. 

I found Wash and Wax to be strangely NON-hydrophobic for my SUV, as well as making the paint oddly grabby when running my fingers over it. I stuck with CWS and G&G but I plan on coating my car soon so it'll be strictly CWS and Ceramic Boost after that.

Edited by Mariner

What everyone mentioned above. Cws is cheaper, wash and wax is a once a month shampoo to help maintain the protection on the car. If you use lps, Americana or patriot, or heck even buttery (if you do it often enough), then you'd be fine using CWS instead of wash and wax.

I too had issues with it like Dustin, however after I hit my car with a coat of the new Americana it seemed to work better.

I too find the W&W makes water completely lay flat after wash, it's so bad that my MasterBlaster is rendered useless. This was observed on LPS,H20 and cars that were coated. I mostly use Rinsless these days but when I do the next traditional wash it will be with CWS and as far as any added "wow factor" I still prefer the Rinsless look over W&W