Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax Review

It does seem that people are having variable results with this product. I put in 3-4 ounces in the bucket, same as I do with CWS. I distributed it among my wash pad, wash wedge, and bucket before adding the water. I even added a little extra about halfway through the wash after noticing the suds had almost all disappeared, thinking I may have skimped a bit. I had applied HGG about a week and a half ago now, and this was my first wash since then. So I don't really know what to think at this moment. It definitely didn't really win me over, so to say. After my bottle is empty, I'll probably go back to my standard washes. I keep my SUV very well protected with sealants, HGG, and Patriot Wax because it sits for long periods of time. But again, once I get a few more uses of the Wash and Wax, I'll be in a position to make an informed decision.

I actually only used about 2 oz in my short blue bucket and got more than enough suds and lubricity, so this is really interesting to hear. It might just be that your water is harder than mine?  It does seem that the results are varied but perhaps that is due to it being the first coat, give it another go and let me know what happens and I will do the same.  I like it as at least once a month type deal, I am good at keeping the paint protected as well but this doesn't hurt and the shine for just a shampoo is amazing!

i used 2 descent squirts about 2oz at most i bet with 4 gallons of water, had great suds allowing the wash pad to glide nicely.

Yeah these are the results I got as well, perhaps it is the water quality? or maybe you needed to agitate the water more? not sure what else it could possibly be due too.

I actually only used about 2 oz in my short blue bucket and got more than enough suds and lubricity, so this is really interesting to hear. It might just be that your water is harder than mine?  It does seem that the results are varied but perhaps that is due to it being the first coat, give it another go and let me know what happens and I will do the same.  I like it as at least once a month type deal, I am good at keeping the paint protected as well but this doesn't hurt and the shine for just a shampoo is amazing!

I don't know what the water hardness is as it's at my fiancée's parent's house, but I followed the exact same process I would if I was using car shampoo, so that's what I was basing my observations off of. I don't know when I'll use the Wash and Wax again but I'll make sure to post my findings if I do.

I have always found warm water, not cold or hot, can be the difference in suds.Plus agitating with a powerful stream of water or power washer has worked well for me lately. It should be a nice consistent lather of suds on your wash pad.

Good thinking. I use hose water, so cold. But I also use the Adams Fire Hoze Nozzle so I get really good pressure in the bucket and on the pads

I have always found warm water, not cold or hot, can be the difference in suds.Plus agitating with a powerful stream of water or power washer has worked well for me lately. It should be a nice consistent lather of suds on your wash pad.

I too have gotten great suds from using my pressure washer, however as Dustin said using the fire hose nozzle he should have gotten plenty of pressure for good suds. I am really curious as to what happened?

Good thinking. I use hose water, so cold. But I also use the Adams Fire Hoze Nozzle so I get really good pressure in the bucket and on the pads

I see you are from Florida, your hose water shouldn't be that cold at this time of the year, but who knows... I generally fill my wash bucket halfway, with warm/hot water from the sink, then add soap and agitate with power washer till it is just shy of being full with 2 wash pads. 

I see you are from Florida, your hose water shouldn't be that cold at this time of the year, but who knows... I generally fill my wash bucket halfway, with warm/hot water from the sink, then add soap and agitate with power washer till it is just shy of being full with 2 wash pads.

Good point, I'm a moron hahah. My hose water is more like room temp now that I really think about it. If you want to feel cold hose water, I grew up in Maine. That well water was like ice year round! As for my observations, I'll try switching up the process next time. Maybe try some hot sink water, or less soap. No idea. Maybe today was a little hotter than usual and it affected the way the soap and water ran on the paint. I leave for sea tomorrow so when I get home again I'll give it another shot.

i found i got great suds from my bucket wash, but not so good using foam gun. (may not of put enough in. will add more next time to see if it makes a huge difference.)

Yeah I only did 3 oz of soap in my foam cannon and the foam was just as good if not a little better than my car shampoo, however since I have so much of the regular shampoo I always add like 6 oz creating some ridiculous suds.

I finally got to use the Wash & Wax yesterday on two vehicles that are coated.  My truck turned out amazing.  Water beading is very similar to when I applied the coating.  The 2nd vehicle is my dad's car.  The beading was not the same, which I find odd considering I mixed one bottle for the foam cannon and used it for both.  Both vehicles were coated within weeks of each other with same coating.  The only difference I can figure between the two is my truck gets regular washes and is usually topped with HG&G. 

I may try a strip wash on dad's car then follow up with a wash and wax to see what results I get. 

Another side note.  I used detail spray to help dry my truck.  I have never used so little detail spray when drying a vehicle.  Very nice. 

Edited by Antv20

I'm thinking perhaps there's a correlation between people using Wash and Wax as a standard wash, and then those that are using it over HGG... some favorable, and some not.

I'm hoping somebody has the time to try and document both processes: Wash and Wax alone on top of LPS, and then Wash and Wax over the top of fresh HGG.

I finally got to use the Wash & Wax yesterday on two vehicles that are coated.  My truck turned out amazing.  Water beading is very similar to when I applied the coating.  The 2nd vehicle is my dad's car.  The beading was not the same, which I find odd considering I mixed one bottle for the foam cannon and used it for both.  Both vehicles were coated within weeks of each other with same coating.  The only difference I can figure between the two is my truck gets regular washes and is usually topped with HG&G. 

I may try a strip wash on dad's car then follow up with a wash and wax to see what results I get. 

Another side note.  I used detail spray to help dry my truck.  I have never used so little detail spray when drying a vehicle.  Very nice. 

Although the Strip Wash won't strip the coating it is not PH neutral, which most coatings do not like. It could provide a more deep cleaning but will probably also affect how water reacts with it, most likely just temporary. Having the layer of H2OGG could be the difference as well. In my experience H2OGG beads very well, and the wash and wax not as much. 

Yesterday I was able to try the new Wash and Wax on my coated car and I'm very happy with the results, but I have yet to see how water beads up on it. Made the drying easier with the leaf blower and it gave the paint a bit of pop as well. 

I actually just clayed a new regal gs, much needed, and used wash and wax soap along with VRT. I'm indifferent on the results as far as protections and how much easier it makes washing the car. I have before and after results I'll post. As far as using it on my car it's hard to tell. Mine has LPS, followed up with detail spray and H20 GG every other few washes so it's hyrdophic as is.

I'm thinking perhaps there's a correlation between people using Wash and Wax as a standard wash, and then those that are using it over HGG... some favorable, and some not.

I'm hoping somebody has the time to try and document both processes: Wash and Wax alone on top of LPS, and then Wash and Wax over the top of fresh HGG.

Well I have only used it once. Today as a matter of fact.  Was on a vehicle that had LPS and Patriot about 2 months ago and G&G twice, the last time being about 10 days ago.

My suds results were similar to yours. Unimpressive as far as suds go actually.  I gave it the normal squirt that I do with Adams shampoo but it did not create a great lather on the vehicle and after doing the roof and hood I gave it another big squirt of wash and wash and agitated the bucket with the wash mitt.

When I was done with the wash I had used more solution out of the bucket than I had ever used before.I was being over cautious since it did not seem like I had enough soap on the vehicle to wash.  I am sure there was as it felt slick but not additionally slick as I was expecting.

I dried the vehicle to about 80 or 90% (with Master Blaster) to get the water out of the nooks and crannies and then wiped down. I really noticed no difference from a normal shampoo wash.  I ended up using detailing spray for a final wipe down to make it look good.

I am wondering if this product works better without master blaster drying?

Edited by rrmccabe

My suds results were similar to yours. Unimpressive as far as suds go actually. I gave it the normal squirt that I do with Adams shampoo but it did not create a great lather on the vehicle and after doing the roof and hood I gave it another big squirt of wash and wash and agitated the bucket with the wash mitt.

When I was done with the wash I had used more solution out of the bucket than I had ever used before.I was being over cautious since it did not seem like I had enough soap on the vehicle to wash. I am sure there was as it felt slick but not additionally slick as I was expecting.

I really noticed no difference from a normal shampoo wash. I ended up using detailing spray for a final wipe down to make it look good.

I edited out a lot of your post but what I left was EXACTLY what I experienced. My vehicle had LPS a couple months prior, and then HGG about a week prior.

The only positive I noticed with the W&W was the ease of drying, and I used the GWDT. It's good to see somebody else had a similar experience to mine.

I used the Wash and Wax with my foam gun this past week and liked what I saw.  Lots of foam, didn't use more than I normally would with the shampoo.  I'm thinking that some of  you who are having suds problems may have hard or soft water issues.  Our water here is really great for making suds.   And I used the Detail Spray with my drying as always. Car came out great. I haven't put any Guard and Gloss on yet to compare, but I expect I'll get good results.  

I used the Wash and Wax with my foam gun this past week and liked what I saw. Lots of foam, didn't use more than I normally would with the shampoo. I'm thinking that some of you who are having suds problems may have hard or soft water issues. Our water here is really great for making suds. And I used the Detail Spray with my drying as always. Car came out great. I haven't put any Guard and Gloss on yet to compare, but I expect I'll get good results.

But if I had hard or soft water, wouldn't it have the same results with CWS and W&W? I wash at the same place every time, and the W&W had poor lubricity and suds in comparison to CWS. That's why I was so critical of it at first because everything was a fixed factor for me, with the exception of the soap variable.

I did like how easy the W&W wiped off, but that was it. I didn't notice any visible difference in shine.

Edited by Mariner

But if I had hard or soft water, wouldn't it have the same results with CWS and W&W? I wash at the same place every time, and the W&W had poor lubricity and suds in comparison to CWS. That's why I was so critical of it at first because everything was a fixed factor for me, with the exception of the soap variable.

I did like how easy the W&W wiped off, but that was it. I didn't notice any visible difference in shine.

I can't be sure.  All I can say is that I'm getting good foam with it.  As for the shine, can't say that I noticed any difference because I have good wax on it and I used DS to dry. So I got a good shine like always.  

Water is not hard by any means but can't really tell you if its soft either.

But with twice the amount of soap as the regular shampoo it did not suds much.

Now that said, I really dont think suds are the indicator of a good shampoo. As long as it safely cleans and has good lubricity its doing its job.

I will continue to use it for a few months but not seeing where its beneficial for my application.