Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax on Wheels

So this should be interesting.  Since there is silica in it, I figure it should be able to hold up to some heat and have some coating characteristics (brake dust should theoretically rinse off more easily).  Let's find out as I update this thread in the future.  Here is the initial cleaning anyway.

IMAG4234_zpsn7cbqa8z.jpg

IMAG4235_zps7wujmev8.jpg

IMAG4236_zpsesxp6qct.jpg

I actually did the same thing today, after washing the wheels with DWC, and after I washed the car I then used Wash and wax on the face of the wheels with a clean brush. This might be a nice way to replace LPS, although it probably won't last nearly as long, it will be a lot easier to apply protection.

Edited by wely324

The idea of using W&W on wheels is certainly appealing...especially complex wheels! Hopefully it can be done with precious little getting on the rotors and brake pads...I'm not a fan of wax/polishes/wheel cleaners/etc getting on a brake system's working surface. :(

Here it is 10 days later.  At least with a normal hose, the brake dust is no easier to rinse off, but once agitated, it does remove easily.  It definitely adds protection as you can see the brake dust beaded up with the water once agitated.  Seems like it would be worth using on your wheels every so often as it definitely adds protection.

Before:

IMAG4262_zpsywqfzbgq.jpg

After just rinsing:

IMAG4263_zps1dmmpnnb.jpg

Agitated:

IMAG4264_zps00nmvlkc.jpg

Here it is 10 days later.  At least with a normal hose, the brake dust is no easier to rinse off, but once agitated, it does remove easily.  It definitely adds protection as you can see the brake dust beaded up with the water once agitated.  Seems like it would be worth using on your wheels every so often as it definitely adds protection.

Thanks for the follow-up.  Would you say that you noticed less brake dust collect on the wheels?  Or was it the same amount of brake dust, just easier to remove once agitated?

Thanks for the follow-up.  Would you say that you noticed less brake dust collect on the wheels?  Or was it the same amount of brake dust, just easier to remove once agitated?

Maybe slightly less, but it's hard to say because there is no way to see how much the brakes were applied between cleanings (could have been more the previous week, than this week).