Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats up! Track day guy from NY

Bansheeboy11

For some reason ive been using Adams stuff for over a year and never knew there was a forum haha, tons of great info here, lots of clean cars too :)

So ive got all the usual stuff to keep my machines shiny but i do lots of road track days and have recently been running slicks, which now likes to sling rubber/tar all over the sides of my car. I do know of Mothers R3 and Stoner Tarminator but id like to see if anyone has suggestions on some Adams products that might work before i go and buy something else. I ordered the new wash/wax soap, rubber cleaner and stripper soap so if one of those works ill be in business, if not im open to suggestions!

Here's my toys:

rQJf17R.jpg?1

PqzitT0.jpg?1

xmVJ9WO.jpg?1

Nice stable! I too spend a lot of time on track! I tried a bunch of products I already had... Like Adam's APC, Clay bar, Revive, Car Shampoo, and Simple Green. Some of the products worked OK, but with MUCH scrubbing. So on many recommendations I purchased the Mothers R3.

The winner was by far the R3. It practically melted away the rubber as it didn't take much scrubbing at all and wiped right off with ease. I stopped trying other products since it worked so well.

Thanks guys. I used to spray the all purpose cleaner on non-diluted and scrub till my hands hurt but im getting tired of it, ive heard good things about the R3 so im going to pick up my stuff in a little while, ill give it a shot.

Let us know how you like it. I have a feeling you'll be thrilled.

Welcome maybe put some buttery wax in the area that gets dirty prior to slinging tire and tar on the car to help the stuff not stick

Let us know how you like it. I have a feeling you'll be thrilled.

Yeh i usually use the wax before an event, works good but i rushed this last one and im rolling around with doors covered in rubber lol. I went to my local detailing shop but they didnt have the Mothers on hand, but they had Stoner Tarminator so ill try that it was only $5. Ill give the car a good wash after work and report back

So the Stoner Tarminator works on the chunky stuff, i was able to blast most of it off with the hose after letting it soak a bit. But i tried scrubbing a little with the wash mit but it didnt work on getting the scuffed rubber off, so ill order the mothers and a heavier srub pad and try it again. I also happen to have my wash stuff in the car and ran into some people after dinner and did a little demo in the parking lot haha

oxzvQ4U.jpg?1

3KdtTN0.jpg?1

nice rides, that Mustang looks great... I'm also a track guy but on two wheels. I can't help much with the rubber though, I tend to use APC an scrub away at it. On my racebike, I don't worry about marring the paint, can't spend too much time or money on something that slides across the ground on the paint a few times a year.

nice rides, that Mustang looks great... I'm also a track guy but on two wheels. I can't help much with the rubber though, I tend to use APC an scrub away at it. On my racebike, I don't worry about marring the paint, can't spend too much time or money on something that slides across the ground on the paint a few times a year.

Sweet cars man!  :cheers:

Thanks guys! Yeh i dont make a big deal out of cleaning my forester, its got almost 300k miles on it, plenty of scratches/rust etc, its the beater that gets tracked until my race car is done haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

For some reason ive been using Adams stuff for over a year and never knew there was a forum haha, tons of great info here, lots of clean cars too :)

So ive got all the usual stuff to keep my machines shiny but i do lots of road track days and have recently been running slicks, which now likes to sling rubber/tar all over the sides of my car. I do know of Mothers R3 and Stoner Tarminator but id like to see if anyone has suggestions on some Adams products that might work before i go and buy something else. I ordered the new wash/wax soap, rubber cleaner and stripper soap so if one of those works ill be in business, if not im open to suggestions!

Here's my toys:

rQJf17R.jpg?1

PqzitT0.jpg?1

xmVJ9WO.jpg?1

Hello!

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! So i ended up picking up a bottle of Mothers R3 and its fantastic! Spray on for 30 seconds, then it wipes right off with a towel, i couldnt ask for anything else!

Ive noticed now that ive used the new blue wheel cleaner for a while, it doesnt seem to work as well as the pink stuff. The last few months ive noticed brake dust collecting in the corners of the spokes and around the wheel weights. The pink cleaner would eat right through everything and never gave me issues with debris collecting on the wheel but every time i go to wash my wheels the blue stuff cant break down the heavy deposits, anyone else experience this? Ive scrubbed, used straight undiluted cleaner and tried to clay it, the clay helps but the pink stuff never gave me issues...