Customer Service 866.965.0400

Road Rage

musclejunkie

Question

No, I'm not mad at drivers.  Yes, people are rude, cut you off, tailgate, block the fast lane, etc.  What I'm in a rage about is living in Michigan, where they haven't a clue how to repair roads or keep them maintained. I just bought my Mustang GT 30 days ago and it is now trashed with embedded loose stone and tar. Thankfully just the rocker panels are damaged.  Still probably about a grand to fix or replace and paint.   The DOT says they have government immunity and take it to my insurance for a damage claim.  That is just not right!  They used a "p poor", cheap way to fix the road and damaged my pride and joy.  I discovered this detailing my joy-ride this last weekend.  I was sick.  The tar was bonded to the stone which then bonded and impregnated my plastic rocker panels.  No Adam's product gonna fix this, sadly.

9 answers to this question

Would ExPel help?

In my experience the answer to your question is a big YES! There was a very noticeable difference in damage from sand/pebbles thrown from the tires onto the paint between areas with and those without the Xpel film. Paint protection film is not for serious show quality cares, but for those with street cars that want to provide real protection it definitely is a viable option.

Would ExPel help?

Definitely! I have a Nissan versa with no Xpel protection and a Vette with full hood, fenders and bumper Xpel protected, The nissan is trashed after the first 2 years and I had to repaint it! while the vette looks like new.. Xpel ultimate is worth the investment..

I couldn't agree more. Loose gravel and stuff of that sort is the biggest pain in the rear. I pulled onto a busy road behind a c4 vetted, and they just finished repaving, so there was some loose gravel. Guy flung all of it at me as he floored it!! I couldn't stand listening for up to 5 seconds of rocks beating off my bumper, hoo, ect.

But I do feel expel or some film will be best to protect the areas that get flung with debris on the road, whether it be by you or other drivers. I've seen them take take good blows with just have little dimple marks in them opposed to chip paint.

It's a good patch system if done properly, but most highway repairs are done on the cheap.  If they would just drive their trucks over the patch to pack in the loose gravel and brush away the loose stone, then we wouldn't have this problem.  Like one of our pres. candidates stated "We are now living in a 3'rd World Country", and I totally agree.  I'm voting for this candidate.  Fix the !@#$%^ roads!!!!