Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax

LT1xL82

Question

I used the product for the first time yesterday.

A First World problem: The gallon I got was SERIOUSLY thick. I became really frustrated filling a 16 oz bottle from the gallon container. It will take forever with a screw on funnel unless the 16 oz bottle is constantly "burped" to draw the W&W in by vacuum! With my patience worn thin, I did not precisely measure how much product I used in the Adams foam cannon and the soap bucket...but I'd say "plenty"...maybe 3-4 oz each. 

I pressure washer rinsed, foamed with W&W and let dwell 5-10 minutes, pressure washer rinsed #2, foamed and then immediately did a 2-bucket wash. Pressure wash rinsed #3 and GWDT/Detail Spray dry (Normally I would of done a pooling rinse.).  

Results? REALLY, REALLY, GOOD!  Wash and Wax cleans about the same as Shampoo, rinses easily, drys more easily than Shampoo wash, and leaves the paint slick to the touch, with a very good shine, and beaded nicely in the following morning light rain. After a 150 mile drive, the last 30 miles or so in another light rain, the vehicle's shine was still very good when dry the following day. As a bonus, the tires and black textured trim took on a very nice finish...not shinny...a dark, black,satin finish. Even the glass seemed to benefit from the Wash and Wax.

I'd say Wash and Wax will become my go-to for most washes.

Edit: For those that likes suds/foam, Wash and Wax makes plenty! 

Edited by LT1xL82

8 answers to this question

I can also attest to it still looking great after being rained on. I washed with the Wash and Wax last weekend and then my car sat outside at work from Monday morning through Friday evening and got rained on at least 3 of those days. I should have gone out and looked at the beading but I never did. Anyway, I was out and about today and noticed that the car still looked pretty clean and shiny and definitely didn't look like it had been outside for a week. And there were no noticeable water spots from rain drying on it.

I used it first time today in foam gun. Not as sudsy, however the pool rinse sheeted off nicely. No water spotting. I followed up with detail spray mist dry and a coat of Buttery. Superb! I detailed it last weekend and gave it a coat of sealant last weekend. I'm going to use the wash and wax and Buttery and see how long the protection lasts. I also love the tire and rubber cleaner. Great flat black look.

I also love the tire and rubber cleaner. Great flat black look.

Yeah, I also did notice that the tires still look great after sitting in the rain all week. Using the tire and rubber cleaner must have allowed the tire shine to soak in better.