Customer Service 866.965.0400

Correcting Polish question

SumBeach35

Question

Does anyone know what grit level the correcting Polish will remove. I have some scratches on an upcoming job for my girlfriends brother that I feel will be better corrected with some spot wet sanding. My plan was to start at 1500 then go to 2000 then finish with 3000 then buff and Polish.

I know and so does he that some of the scratches will not disappear completely due to depth (catch on my fingernail) but I figured this will be the best way to minimize them

6 answers to this question

I performed some wet sanding using similar grits that you mentioned, and used Paint Correcting Polish first as described in the video posted above, and then finished with Paint Finishing Polish, and sealant once the repaired area scratches were completely removed.

I don't believe Paint Finishing Polish by itself will get you to the same results due to it being a very fine grit polish.

I remember reading that it will remove 2000 grit scratches but I would step down to 3000 first as well.Be cautious if using the 1500,factory clear can be very thin.Nice to see someone else from the Rochester area.Good luck Kevin

Edited by 1911A1

theres this old video on the youtube adams channel that might help.

ill be sure to check it out. thanks must be one of the ones i havent watched yet.

I performed some wet sanding using similar grits that you mentioned, and used Paint Correcting Polish first as described in the video posted above, and then finished with Paint Finishing Polish, and sealant once the repaired area scratches were completely removed.

I don't believe Paint Finishing Polish by itself will get you to the same results due to it being a very fine grit polish.

I planned to do both correcting polish with orange foam pad and then finishing polish with the white pad

I remember reading that it will remove 2000 grit scratches but I would step down to 3000 first as well.Be cautious if using the 1500,factory clear can be very thin.Nice to see someone else from the Rochester area.Good luck Kevin

good to hear and yes. seems our area is under represented on the forum,  Maybe i will just starting at 2000. Plan on doing as little wet sanding as possible.  

ill be sure to check it out. thanks must be one of the ones i havent watched yet.

I planned to do both correcting polish with orange foam pad and then finishing polish with the white pad

good to hear and yes. seems our area is under represented on the forum,  Maybe i will just starting at 2000. Plan on doing as little wet sanding as possible.

why not just start with 3000? I have removed scratches with 3500 before