Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax/LPS Regimen

illinois9er

Question

Well, I've finally got my strategy down on keeping my Shelby clean and am now wanting to know my best course of action for protecting it.

Quick synopsis, it's a black Shelby that's predominantly a garage queen. It leaves the garage for car shows and the occasion run around town.

As it sits I've had Xzylon put on it 4 or so months ago, I know that it's over priced lol. I'm thinking about ordering Americana and using it twice a year and maybe tossing some buttery wax on it every month or so. I use detail spray as a help with drying the car.

How often would people recommend sealing the paint considering it's hardly ever outside? Any other recommendations other than Americana and LPS? Any help is appreciated

11 answers to this question

IMO you will be fine with Americana on your garage queen.  I have a few clients with show cars, and that is all I use on them.  I would recommend adding BG to your regimen, it gives the paint an extra 'pop'.  Apply it before Americana, and then before a show.   

If it's a garage queen, use the sealant topped with the Americana wax. There's no reason to top it monthly with buttery when it spends most of its life in the garage protected from the elements. Wash it and dry it with detail spray. Live happily ever after until the next big detail when you redo sealant/wax. If you have the itch, every few months toss another coat of Americana on it. Too much wax will buildup and look hazy.

IMO you will be fine with Americana on your garage queen. I have a few clients with show cars, and that is all I use on them. I would recommend adding BG to your regimen, it gives the paint an extra 'pop'. Apply it before Americana, and then before a show.

Actually I was just looking at the combo pack that includes the BG with the Americana lol.

If it's a garage queen, use the sealant topped with the Americana wax. There's no reason to top it monthly with buttery when it spends most of its life in the garage protected from the elements. Wash it and dry it with detail spray. Live happily ever after until the next big detail when you redo sealant/wax. If you have the itch, every few months toss another coat of Americana on it. Too much wax will buildup and look hazy.

Any timeframe of how long the LPS should last in this situation?

Should last six months or longer depending on how much you drive it. On my garage queen, I usually strip it and reapply about every six months. Sometimes to keep me feeling good. Sometimes to make sure it's protected. And it guarantees I give it a good going over every so often. The daily drivers I do a bit more often since they're subjected to more elements.

Should last six months or longer depending on how much you drive it. On my garage queen, I usually strip it and reapply about every six months. Sometimes to keep me feeling good. Sometimes to make sure it's protected. And it guarantees I give it a good going over every so often. The daily drivers I do a bit more often since they're subjected to more elements.

Good info, thanks. Looks like I'll go along with these general guidelines. I'll probably wait until spring, strip it and start from scratch