Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip Wash + Car Shampoo

WMUCarGuy

Question

So I just picked up a bottle of strip wash and I'm planning on giving my 2008 Mustang Bullitt a full detail prior to storing it for winter.

I want to use the strip wash to take everything off so that I can give it a nice, fresh coat of everything. Is there any value to adding any standard car shampoo into the bucket with the strip wash?

Also, would there be any value to using the strip wash, then washing again with the standard shampoo?

3 answers to this question

No need or benefit of adding any regular Car Shampoo to your Strip Wash solution. It could actually make the Strip Wash less effective.

You could wash a second time with the standard shampoo, but that would be extra unnecessary work in my opinion, especially if you're going to do a full detail with clay/polish/seal/etc afterward :)

So I just picked up a bottle of strip wash and I'm planning on giving my 2008 Mustang Bullitt a full detail prior to storing it for winter.

I want to use the strip wash to take everything off so that I can give it a nice, fresh coat of everything. Is there any value to adding any standard car shampoo into the bucket with the strip wash?

Also, would there be any value to using the strip wash, then washing again with the standard shampoo?

I've added a little APC to my bucket before. Check the lubrisity before you wash though to make sure there is enough slickness...