Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and wax completely replace regular car shampoo?

Erictski

Question

I typically wash every two or three weeks, not nearly as much as many of you. My question is can I just use wash and wax every time and completely replace my regular car shampoo or does the wash and wax build up over time?

I like the idea of adding some protection every time and just using a little detail spray to dry with instead of using guard and gloss

14 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies. I havent noticed a difference in cleansing ability between the two soaps and shine is great with both I was just curious if the wash and wax silica sealant would build up or something. But I do love the smell of the blue soap a lot better than the wash and wax scent so might have to keep using it anyway.

I have used the wash and wax as my primary shampoo for the past month.  I will say my car gets a very deep shine every time i use it.  I get more complements on my car since i started using it.  Great product!!!  I love the scent as well!!!

What sucks is I really want to try it but I still have almost a full gallon of blue shampoo, lol! I don't want to buy more just for the sake of trying it out. I'll probably get it sometime next year after it has been reformulated.

Chris,

I feel your pain as this is how I have felt before. Send me a PM if you want to try it and I will gladly send you a bottle for you to try it out. 

I would say no. if anything drying with H2O would probably increase the longevity of the protection. Since you would have the wash and wax under the H2O.

That was worded very poorly by me haha.  I meant if you were to use gloss and guard would ITS longevity be reduced by whatever barrier is created by the wash and wax?  I'm curious to this because I know topping G&G over a wax will cause a reduction in how long the G&G lasts (to my understanding).