Customer Service 866.965.0400

Front bumper Decontamination

philhibner

Question

I am need of some advice. My front bumper has multiple spots of clear looking bug guts. I've tried using a clay bar but I just cant seem to remove the contamination. I plan on machine polishing the car in a few weeks and need to remove it. Any advice on how to remove it?

post-15130-0-59740100-1479605424_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

If you can't polish them out, you'll have to replace the film. I had the same problem years ago on another car and was able to get 90% of them out with a heavy grade polish. The 3M films are the worst for this type of problem. It's a pain, but you have to keep on top of the bug smashes and small chips after driving a while. You can't let them sit for more than a day or two.

Edited by Geebee

If you can't polish them out, you'll have to replace the film. I had the same problem years ago on another car and was able to get 90% of them out with a heavy grade polish. The 3M films are the worst for this type of problem. It's a pain, but you have to keep on top of the bug smashes and small chips after driving a while. You can't let them sit for more than a day or two.

I had to go back and double check that I didn't miss it, but no, OP didn't mention anything about PPF.

If polishing does not help remove them, then they are probably etched into the clear, or have eaten away the clear (we get that from our Love bugs).  You will probably have to use touch-up paint (Dr. Colorchip or Lanka are great for this) to mask them.