Customer Service 866.965.0400

Facts only please on machines

dave 316

Question

In a side by side comparison, all things being equal, does the Adams polisher out perform the Flex when being used properly, with good technique? I'm not concerned with one being safer. Which one has more correcting power when all variables are equal? 

5 answers to this question

It might be hard to get info on the new Adams unit as the mass population has yet to play with them. If I was to assume however the flex would have more correction due to the direct drive however it will fatigue you much more than a long throw polisher. The long throw is less work to operate in my personal option and with the abrasive technology and pad advancements of today's world a long throw will correct just as good but finish easier. This is just my personal experience however but I enjoy a long throw unit much more than the flex 3401. Both are fine pieces of equipment however

If correcting power is the over-riding criteria, I guess something with forced rotation is the answer. 

Personally, I'll stick with DA...I don't have the need for correction on steroids and prefer the margin of safety DA provides.

You can't really compare a Flex 3401 to any other polishers because it's the only DA with Forced Rotation. 

I'm asking of the 2, which one is more powerful for correcting.  all things being equal on a panel, does one require 1 pass to correct the issue where the other might require 2 passes? those are the answers I'm looking for if anybody knows. I understand they are different. Just looking to know which one has more power to correct. Like when the flex first came out. The PC is great, but the Flex got the results faster. this is what I mean.

Well the Flex can correct faster but have a tougher time finishing because of the forced rotation. 

So while you might correct faster you might not get the end results you want with a Flex.

I used to correct and polish with a flex but I finished with a PC. Since then I have downsized to just a Rupes.

Adam's Swirl Killer is more powerful than a PC and will get you faster correction than that but the Flex will correct faster because of the forced rotation. You will also be able to finish easier with a SK.

Edited by Kingsford