Customer Service 866.965.0400

Window Foggs Up

moons21

Question

Hi All,

Every fall/winter, it seems my daily driver has an issue with the interior of the windows fogging up.  It's a newer car, 2013 Toyota Venza and only does this when it's parked outside.  If I garage part it overnight, no issues, only when left outside.  I have tried the Rain-X fog solution, with minimal to no difference in the fogging. My question is, would using the Glass Cleaner and Sealant help on the inside?  Not sure if the sealant is meant for inside of windshield as well as outside.

Thanks

Greg

8 answers to this question

I have something similar going on with my truck, but it's due to a leak at one of the rear windows. I would try to make sure there is no water getting in the vehicle.

One of the best no fog home remedies I've found is Barbasol Shave foam (cheap $1 can from the travel section of Wally World). You apply a thin coating of the foam and it won't allow the fog to form. Can be difficult to get it streak free and the next time you clean the windows you'll need to reapply.

I have something similar going on with my truck, but it's due to a leak at one of the rear windows. I would try to make sure there is no water getting in the vehicle.

One of the best no fog home remedies I've found is Barbasol Shave foam (cheap $1 can from the travel section of Wally World). You apply a thin coating of the foam and it won't allow the fog to form. Can be difficult to get it streak free and the next time you clean the windows you'll need to reapply.

I bought my vehicle used, and from what I can tell the windshield is not original. My windshield leaks somewhere and in the winter it even ices from the inside. I will keep in mind what you shared, thank you!

Too much moisture in the interior.

If your windows are leaking, you need to stop the leak first.

The next time you park the car indoors, run a dehumidifier overnight inside the car with the doors and windows closed, every night for a week. This will dry the interior out completely and your interior glass won't fog up any more.

also when driving, turn your ac on(have the compressor operating, doesnt have to be cold, just whatever temp you like) and set the system to recirculate. That way, you keep running the interior air volume over the evaporator and help to remove some of the moisture that is in the interior. 

Edited by DREWBUSH

I'm wondering if the moisture is coming from a wet dog in the back of the wagon....coupled with wet hockey gear 3-4 times a week back there...Will try the dehumidifier trick and run the AC too...see if that helps things out.  Thanks guys!

Hi All,

Every fall/winter, it seems my daily driver has an issue with the interior of the windows fogging up.  It's a newer car, 2013 Toyota Venza and only does this when it's parked outside.  If I garage part it overnight, no issues, only when left outside.  I have tried the Rain-X fog solution, with minimal to no difference in the fogging. My question is, would using the Glass Cleaner and Sealant help on the inside?  Not sure if the sealant is meant for inside of windshield as well as outside.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg, is this only happening to he front windshield? Or all windows?

What I do I have a moisture control bag in my cars, one bag last years it is also self rejuvenating. You may need two do to the size of your car. Google moisture control bag for cars and they pop up. I use a certain brand but I don't want to catch grief for posting it.

Good Luck

Hi Greg, is this only happening to he front windshield? Or all windows?

What I do I have a moisture control bag in my cars, one bag last years it is also self rejuvenating. You may need two do to the size of your car. Google moisture control bag for cars and they pop up. I use a certain brand but I don't want to catch grief for posting it.

Good Luck

Its mostly the front window, unless the pooch is panting in the back on the rear... I'll see if I can find the moisture control bag.... if not, maybe the previous post of a kitty litter sock may help.... a sock might also raise some questions from friends in the car as well....lol