Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost Review

SaleenJOE

Question

When I saw Adams was offering this product it intrigued me. I have used reload on my vehicles before and have always loved the results so I ordered a bottle and ended up with an extra in a MB so double score. Last night I washed my red 2000 lightning and prepped it to use Ceramic boost since we will be seeing some winter weather here in KS this week. onto the review

Smell: As with all Adams products the scent is always something to look forward too. Even my wife checks everything out to see what scent it is lol. smell is great and nothing that will bother you while applying

Application: I have used reload before and was curious how ceramic boost would compare. Application temp was high 40's to low 50's in my garage. This made applying a little more work due the temp. If you have never used a product like this take your time and don't get frustrated. Adams instructions says apply with single soft on one side of the towel then flip over. I found this to not work so well so I used two single softs, one for applying and one for buffing. I also tried a double soft for buffing and due to the nature of the product didn't care for the results. If you have a darker color vehicle it will take a little work to ensure you have no smearing or streaks (pay close attention around emblems) I split each panel into 2 sections to make applying easier. My truck has a ceramic coating on the trim already so I applied ceramic boost to these areas as well. I also applied ceramic boost to the wheels to see how well it would hold up.

End result: Sadly I wasn't able to capture pics due to the time of night. The truck had a great shine and a very slick finish. This is a product I see carrying from now on especially if it holds up. Next vehicle I plan to use it on is my wife's 2016 white Focus ST which I applied a ceramic coating to right after purchase. I cant wait to try the Adams ceramic coating on another vehicle of mine to see how it compares to others I have used.

Really loving ceramic boost. The first couple times applying it i wasn't too sure, didn't seem to wipe on the panel very smoothly and was difficult to wipe clean. Used it again last night with much better application results, think I was just using too much product the first few times. Took the truck to the pay and spray yesterday bc it was covered it salt grime and just using the rinse on the gun blasted all the crud away no problem. Was amazed how all the dirt just rinsed off the paint, normally I would still be left with a filthy haze on the paint, but with a coating of boost applied it definitely helped keep the paint protected. Still curious which will provide more protection and shine, boost vs h20

Tried this today on my DD. I had the same experiance as everyone else with it being sticky as I wiped in spots. I gave it about an hour before I took it out into the cold and back in the 68* shop.

I'm not sure if this needs any kind of cure time or not. But I have wipe marks that will not come off now, also on my side glass were I tried to wipe the slightest bit of overspray off.

I didn't notice anymore gloss then I already had so my only gain will be possibly better paint protection.

I am still on the fence about the Boost as a standalone. Maybe I'll like it more after I get it mastered. If I were to go off of my first try. I would not be using it again, I would go back to HGG, but I'm going to give it another try before I do that first.

B170C8A1-3FA3-47AF-85B5-17F0ECE0CA97_zps

Here are the marks I can't get off. Sorry for the bad photo editing.

e5f62d95-f39d-4212-96df-fdccfa6b8251_zps

2AA35C79-054C-443E-A31B-1EAF83F3DB21_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6

Update on my application. We had some more winter weather the last week and a half. Finally had a chance to take the truck you the car wash today and spray it off. Noticed mid door down there wasn't as much beading and the wheels didn't bead like the previous wash. Truck came about pretty clean as well as the wheels for just spraying it off. Everything else had a nice bead and came clean. Plan to hand wash it this weekend and reapply ceramic boost to see how it does. Seems the areas that get alot of exposure didn't hold up but this could have been due to my application which is why I want to apply it again. Still impressed with the product so far.