Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost Review

SaleenJOE

Question

When I saw Adams was offering this product it intrigued me. I have used reload on my vehicles before and have always loved the results so I ordered a bottle and ended up with an extra in a MB so double score. Last night I washed my red 2000 lightning and prepped it to use Ceramic boost since we will be seeing some winter weather here in KS this week. onto the review

Smell: As with all Adams products the scent is always something to look forward too. Even my wife checks everything out to see what scent it is lol. smell is great and nothing that will bother you while applying

Application: I have used reload before and was curious how ceramic boost would compare. Application temp was high 40's to low 50's in my garage. This made applying a little more work due the temp. If you have never used a product like this take your time and don't get frustrated. Adams instructions says apply with single soft on one side of the towel then flip over. I found this to not work so well so I used two single softs, one for applying and one for buffing. I also tried a double soft for buffing and due to the nature of the product didn't care for the results. If you have a darker color vehicle it will take a little work to ensure you have no smearing or streaks (pay close attention around emblems) I split each panel into 2 sections to make applying easier. My truck has a ceramic coating on the trim already so I applied ceramic boost to these areas as well. I also applied ceramic boost to the wheels to see how well it would hold up.

End result: Sadly I wasn't able to capture pics due to the time of night. The truck had a great shine and a very slick finish. This is a product I see carrying from now on especially if it holds up. Next vehicle I plan to use it on is my wife's 2016 white Focus ST which I applied a ceramic coating to right after purchase. I cant wait to try the Adams ceramic coating on another vehicle of mine to see how it compares to others I have used.

I'm going to go out on a limb here:

I haven't used Ceramic Boost so this is all just conjecture on my part but I believe it was developed as a BOOST for the new CERAMIC COATING product.  Since using waxes or sealants may have a detrimental effect on the hydrophobic properties of the coating Adam's has developed the Ceramic Boost product as a "Detail Spray - like" product for cars with the Ceramic Coating applied.

I will continue to use Detail Spray (which has it's own "boost" properties) on my cars that are still using Adam's sealant and wax products unless I see strong evidence that using the Ceramic Boost has additional benefits.  If I ever find the need to apply the Ceramic Coating to any of my cars I will use the Ceramic Boost on those.

Sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be.

I tried ceramic boost by itself on a family members truck. In my opinion it didn't leave that smooth surface feeling like H2O G&G does. I also thought it was a tad difficult to remove. I cleaned up some spots with detail spray where streak remained, I was tired of wiping over and over again with a single soft towel. The next day I was able to see how well it shed water, which it did a good job at. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same their first time using it?

I tried ceramic boost by itself on a family members truck. In my opinion it didn't leave that smooth surface feeling like H2O G&G does. I also thought it was a tad difficult to remove. I cleaned up some spots with detail spray where streak remained, I was tired of wiping over and over again with a single soft towel. The next day I was able to see how well it shed water, which it did a good job at. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same their first time using it?

I also experienced the same issues applying it, definitely didn't wipe very smoothly while applying like h20 gg does, towel had lots of drag and was a bit difficult to apply. Definitely gave the paint some gloss though

I also experienced the same issues applying it, definitely didn't wipe very smoothly while applying like h20 gg does, towel had lots of drag and was a bit difficult to apply. Definitely gave the paint some gloss though

Agree, it didn't wipe very smooth and has drag too. I wonder why it would've done that though? The paint was decontaminated so I can't think of other reason to why it would've had drag and not very smooth either.

Agree, it didn't wipe very smooth and has drag too. I wonder why it would've done that though? The paint was decontaminated so I can't think of other reason to why it would've had drag and not very smooth either.

In my experience reload from carpro does the same thing even on a freshly polished car. The silica in it is what causes this imo.

When using products like Ceramic Booost and carpros reload. You must limit how much is used. If you used to much it'll be difficult to use/remove. When I've used reload in the past 1 or 2 sprays per panel is all you need. Until I get to try and use Ceramic boost I wont know if its fhe same or not. But in my experience with other products like it. Probably the same. Reload actually requires you to dilute it on darker color cars. Silica wont bond and cure as fast as a polymer/ acrylic resins will. When its cured its slicker and glossier than anything out there.

I tried small amounts of ceramic boost and then i tried to apply it like Adam did in the video. Both ways it still very like it dragged and left the same not as smooth surface like with H2O G&G or Paint Sealant.

It should slicken up after a bit.

when I use to use reload it would do that at first. Then a couple hours later it was stupid slick. Just apart of the bonding/curing process. Silcia is a whole different beast vs what you're use to.

When using products like Ceramic Booost and carpros reload. You must limit how much is used. If you used to much it'll be difficult to use/remove. When I've used reload in the past 1 or 2 sprays per panel is all you need. Until I get to try and use Ceramic boost I wont know if its fhe same or not. But in my experience with other products like it. Probably the same. Reload actually requires you to dilute it on darker color cars. Silica wont bond and cure as fast as a polymer/ acrylic resins will. When its cured its slicker and glossier than anything out there.

based on my experience with Reload ceramic boost acts the same when applying.

based on my experience with Reload ceramic boost acts the same when applying.

Yup during application it definitely doesn't feel slick. After a bit its ridiculously slick.

This - there is only so much the paint can absorb at a time with these - on the 8 oz bottle of Adam's ceramic boost 1-2 sprays should be enough to do an entire panel, door, etc - any more of it is wasting products, etc -

Great products ( I haven't used Adams Boost but I do own Reload) but you have to do less is more approach -

So with something like the Ceramic boost on a non coated car, should it be used as a first layer product and only using the boost as a form of protection? I'm worried of using it as a base coat, then layering a wax or sealant over it or vice versa with a paint sealant and/or wax then touching up a few weeks later with boost. Hence why i find its use on it's on very confusing, especially with guard and gloss and a sealants booster. 

It should slicken up after a bit.

when I use to use reload it would do that at first. Then a couple hours later it was stupid slick. Just apart of the bonding/curing process. Silcia is a whole different beast vs what you're use to.

Is this true for the wash and wax also? I did a strip wash, rinse and then an immediate foam gun and two bucket with wash and wax to see just what it could do and after I dried I spritzed the hood and was not impressed with the needing. Perhaps I needed to let the wash and wax cure a bit??? Or does the use of detail spray while drying affect the wash and wax? Sorry for the high jack

Edited by Erictski

Is this true for the wash and wax also? I did a strip wash, rinse and then an immediate foam gun and two bucket with wash and wax to see just what it could do and after I dried I spritzed the hood and was not impressed with the needing. Perhaps I needed to let the wash and wax cure a bit??? Or does the use of detail spray while drying affect the wash and wax? Sorry for the high jack

wash and wax is not really a stand alone LSP, h20 g and g , wax or paint sealant should be used . Wash and wax to extend the life of the LSP

Took the truck to the car wash over the weekend to rinse it off since it was dirty from all the crap they have out on the roads. Truck cleaned up great with just high pressure rinse including the wheels. Excellent beading on the paint and wheels and as soon as I drove the truck most of the water was gone with very little spotting when I got it home. I will post up some pics later. Ceramic boost acts like reload so I am very happy with the product. Will see how well it holds up through the winter.

So with something like the Ceramic boost on a non coated car, should it be used as a first layer product and only using the boost as a form of protection? I'm worried of using it as a base coat, then layering a wax or sealant over it or vice versa with a paint sealant and/or wax then touching up a few weeks later with boost. Hence why i find its use on it's on very confusing, especially with guard and gloss and a sealants booster.

I too would like to know if you wanted to use ceramic boost on an uncoated car do you apply it on bare paint or over liquid paint sealant? Seems like a new chart to explain the layering dos and donts for all the protections Adam's now carries is in order.

I too would like to know if you wanted to use ceramic boost on an uncoated car do you apply it on bare paint or over liquid paint sealant? Seems like a new chart to explain the layering dos and donts for all the protections Adam's now carries is in order.

I think there's a thread on the subject already.

On the web site, the list of instructions say to Wash and Dry vehicle first.

Then down in the highlighted box it says it an be applied to Wet or Dry surfaces.

Has anyone tried applying as they're drying like G&G?

Edited by FrozenWS6

On the web site, the list of instructions say to Wash and Dry vehicle first.

Then down in the highlighted box it says it an be applied to Wet or Dry surfaces.

Has anyone tried applying as they're drying like G&G?

It's more difficult to use on a wet surface, but you can try it if you want. I thought we edited all of those mentions out of the website and bottle label design - we were incredibly busy with getting everything ready until the last minute to launch, good catch. I've updated the product description accordingly.