Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal #2 Polish Question

Geebee

Question

Anybody know how effective the Metal Polish #2 is compared to Maguires Med/Heavy cut paste. My chrome wheels on my Beemer constantly oxidizes in spotty areas and the only way to get them polished is to use a dremel on the affected area. I'll edit this post later and add some pics to show you what I'm talking about.

I'd like to try the #2 metal polish, but I don't know how it compares to the Heavy Cut Maguires. :huh:  

Edited by Geebee

5 answers to this question

Hi Gary! Our Metal Polish #2 is a finishing metal polish and will not be anywhere near as aggressive as that product; however, if it is just light oxidation buildup on the wheels, MP#2 might be all that you need. If it is more serious oxidation, you would want to start with our Metal Polish #1 instead, but even it may not have as much cut. Our metal polishes are designed to take 'fair' metal surfaces to excellent.

After we see the pictures, we'll be able to give a more firm recommendation :)

Here's a quick video to show what our metal polishes can do on oxidized raw aluminum wheels just by hand polishing!

Hi Gary! Our Metal Polish #2 is a finishing metal polish and will not be anywhere near as aggressive as that product; however, if it is just light oxidation buildup on the wheels, MP#2 might be all that you need. If it is more serious oxidation, you would want to start with our Metal Polish #1 instead, but even it may not have as much cut. Our metal polishes are designed to take 'fair' metal surfaces to excellent.

After we see the pictures, we'll be able to give a more firm recommendation :)

Here's a quick video to show what our metal polishes can do on oxidized raw aluminum wheels just by hand polishing!

Dan....thanks for the quick reply. See the attached pics. Right where my finger is, that the oxidation area. The darker spot is the reflection of the cam.  I do need a Heavy Cut chrome polish for the spotting. As for the minor scratches (previous owner didn't take good care of the chrome) I'll use the #1 metal polish and see how that comes out. Then follow up with the #2 for the finish. I'm thinking that a good coat of Americana Wax will help protect the chrome surfaces for a while along with the #2. What'ca think?

post-15154-0-78068000-1481583798_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-99744600-1481583800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geebee

For me, Adam's Paint Sealer or the Metal Polish didn't do such a good job of "shinny chrome".  So I found a chrome wax from another manufacturer that did the trick. The wax is advertised to give about 200 car washing's of protection for the chrome, plus gave a wonderful chrome shine. With the Adam's VRT on the tires, I've got a great combo.

post-15154-0-33334400-1482111877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geebee