Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete Removal of Ceramic Boost

LT1xL82

Question

3 answers to this question

Think of it along the lines of something like H2O Guard or Paint Sealant in terms of removal. It's designed to be durable, so it won't be super easy to remove. A strip wash will weaken the effects but may not completely remove it after one or two strip washes. This will all depend on how long it has been applied to the vehicle as well. Visco Clay followed by machine polishing will remove it as well.

Thank you for the reply Dan.

I'm not sure if I should or should not use the Ceramic Boost on my car with Xpel film. It seems like a good idea along with Wash and Wax for maintenance. BUT, clay and machine polish are not something I want to use on the Xpel. Would strip wash strip Ceramic Boost measurably better if the boost was applied over a wax like Americana?

Or maybe Revive (gently, by hand) would strip the Ceramic Boost better than strip wash?

Basically I'm looking for a "detail spray on steroids" to add some shine and maybe some protection. The car is a garaged special day driver. Currently I use Detail Spray over Americana. (If I wasn't such a chicken about the small amount of solvent in Brilliant Glaze I'd continue with Americana, and use Brilliant Glaze for a temporary boost in gloss.) 

Ok I wasn't aware the vehicle has paint protection film on it. Do not machine polish it. If you don't mind, make sure to give as much relevant information about the vehicle setup in the future for the best possible answer :)

For paint protection film like Xpel, I would say just apply it every few months when needed. If you notice the water repelling action is diminishing, reapply. There's no absolutely necessary need to do a strip wash every time, as I would be hesitant that stronger chemicals could weaken the film over time as well.

H2O Guard & Gloss is a nice option for PPF as well.