Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towel lint problem

Jason S.

Question

Having an issue today with my towels leaving lint while removing Americana. Kind of abuzz kill. It's sunny, but a rather humid day here at the beach. I think that might be contributing. Anyone else have issues like this? It occurred using both the double soft and single soft towels. And they are relatively new and previously washed. post-13923-0-63788100-1482605187_thumb.jpg

post-13923-0-44084300-1482605221_thumb.jpg

post-13923-0-84614700-1482605237_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

I should have mentioned, this was post wash, clay, polish, and LPS. I have also had this same issue at times in the past removing LPS.

That really is a buzzkill then. I did think the the older style double softs seemed a bit more solid than the newer style, even though I believe the newer style has a higher GSM. Maybe try to isolate the issue to the towel by trying an older version, or even a different manufacturer. Visible lint is no good.

One of the things I do after washing and air drying towels is to give them a good snap before I fold/roll and store them. I have found this to solve most of my linting issues. If you have one or two that constantly do it I would email Adams about it and I am certain they will help you out. 

That said I did have a couple of the new orange ones that took 2-3 washes to stop shedding like a furry pet. They are fine now but def had some linting to them, never noticed it with the previous batch and it could have just been manufacturing left over and not the towel itself as they were really small (as your picture shows) pieces of lint. 

I have had quite a few of the old single soft towels have linting issues, have tried a few methods to solve the lint, including boiling them. Nothing seemed to work and eventually tossed them bc I don't want to risk them contaminating my other towels in the wash with lint. If they are newer towels, contact adams and i'm sure they will help u out