Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Shine spray tip cleaning/care?

OmniCamaro

Question

Can anyone answer the best way to clean the spray tip for tire shine?  Is it a simple warm washing before/after each use?  This may lead to a lot of waste hence the question.

I can't stand when I go to use it and it comes out in a stream and creates a mess everywhere.  A heavy misting would be perfect.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Just a silly question, but have you tried turning the nozzle to the other setting, usually they have a more stream on one side and a wider fan on the other side with off on the other 2 sides. 

I have not had any problems with him clogging or anything which is what makes me go to that question, well that and I have done that with other products before lol. 

Hi Allen! I will usually wipe the spray nozzle with the foam block applicator to remove any dried liquid from the previous use, then I will set the sprayer to the mist setting and do one, full-pull trigger spray either into a sink, grass, etc. Make sure to shake the bottle as well. This should let the product atomize properly and mist out ok. Tire Shine and HGG are two of our thickest products, so they will spray out a little odd sometimes if there are any clogs in the sprayer.

If you want to clean the sprayer out, I will unscrew it from the bottle, and then do a few full-pull trigger sprays right back into the 16oz bottle. This way you're not wasting any product.

On a related note, we recently switched over to new 16oz sprayers that everyone should be receiving in orders now. They have several improvements from our previous sprayers, and I'll put up a new write-up on them very soon :)

I too noticed the new spray heads in my last big order, I thought they were designed for the ceramic boost specifically, glad to hear they are going to be the new spray heads for everything now, they look to be sturdier than the others. I have yet to use it but will try my best to find an excuse to do so soon.